Reports - Jon Gruden will be the new Raiders coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reports - Jon Gruden will be the new Raiders coach

He is so overrated as a HC.

Not sure why getting a guy who has been away from coaching for 9 years is such a big hire.

10 ****ing years? LOL!

Even Texas A&M sees that as desperate.

10years 100mill? are you kidding me? What is so special about Gruden?

Gruden is nothing special. Tony dungy essentially won the Super bowl for him

this maybe one of the dumbest contracts in nfl history.

what exactly is the upside for the raiders in this? sure, it was going to take lots of money to pry gruden away from the booth to coach again, and maybe he can get carr back to the elite level he played at pre injury in 2016, but what happens if all fails after say 3 years, the raiders basically wouldn't be able to ever move on from this guy, because they would still need to pay him 70 million over 7 years.

gruden made out like a bandit here, win or lose the guy is netting 100 million over 10 years. props to gruden for getting that much security, but i dont know what mark davis is doing here.

im sure they could have offered him 3 years 30 million, and he would have still been making 10 a year, which correct me if i am wrong would be 2nd highest paid coach in the nfl currently, and if he does a good job, they would keep paying him, but if not, they would have been able to move on with no strings attached financially

Big name for the move to Vegas. I like the hire. I like to believe Gruden has learned during his time in the booth.

Back
Top Bottom