Reshad Jones 5th in SS Pro Bowl Voting | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reshad Jones 5th in SS Pro Bowl Voting

Only SS better than him is Kam, also i think the coaches hurt reshads numbers by never having him play over the top to grab those easy overthrow ints. Stupid coaching as well, how many times has our corner been burnt in one on one and theres no safety over the top everytime.

Could not find the top 4 but found this article that says Charles Woodson is way ahead of everybody. It also says he is sixth instead of fifth.

Reshad Jones, Dolphins safety

This forgettable Dolphins season shouldn't prevent Jones' outstanding season from being recognized. He's a run-stopping playmaker who also holds his own in coverage. He's currently sixth among strong safeties. Charles Woodson is way out in front of this group, but Jones is having the best season at the position.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000597311/article/eleven-players-who-need-more-pro-bowl-love

This from a couple of weeks ago has Woodson and Chancellor ahead of Jones.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/11/26/nfl-announces-leading-vote-getters-for-2016-pro-bowl/

https://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/probowldefense.jpg

i voted and i set a reminder so i can vote everyday

If everyone on FH does their part maybe he will move up.
Im going to go vote for him, he deserves it this year. No doubt about it, he is playing at an elite level, and he is a DOG!

Last night I finally had a chance to watch the tape of the Jets game from two weeks ago. I missed that game over the Thanksgiving weekend while visiting relatives.

Reshad Jones had a very good game. I'll give his his due. I'm not a fan of his.

As long as we limit the number of decisions he has to make in space, whether it's run or pass, Jones can make plays. This season we've done a better job of allowing him to attack the line of scrimmage and also to single the tight end as opposed to deep coverage.

Still, it irks the heck out of me when a Dolphin player is doing a hula dance when the team has a 4-7 record. That demonstrates what his priorities are. I can just imagine Dick Anderson doing something like that. I can just imagine Paul Warfield acting like a tough guy and ranting on the sideline if he felt the offense was malfunctioning.

As I've posted many times, the changes in this franchise from when I was a kid to today are startling and disgusting. We lack elite people at the top and it impacts every decision, from the stadium to coaches to personnel...

* Not much else stood out from that Jets game. I didn't realize a few guys got nicked, like Earl Mitchell. Tannehill received an absolute gift when Cromartie's interception was ruled incomplete. That play was nothing but an interception. Grimes was woeful against Marshall. But he looked very good as a punt returner. Dangerous and nice instincts. We should use him there if his corner days are coming to an end. It was weird to watch the tape with Lazor on the sideline, not realizing it was his final game. He called some typical gimmick and screen passes when they made no sense. I actually love it when those plays are blown up, even if my favorite teams are running them. Those plays deserve to be annihilated.

Last night I finally had a chance to watch the tape of the Jets game from two weeks ago. I missed that game over the Thanksgiving weekend while visiting relatives.

Reshad Jones had a very good game. I'll give his his due. I'm not a fan of his.

As long as we limit the number of decisions he has to make in space, whether it's run or pass, Jones can make plays. This season we've done a better job of allowing him to attack the line of scrimmage and also to single the tight end as opposed to deep coverage.

Still, it irks the heck out of me when a Dolphin player is doing a hula dance when the team has a 4-7 record. That demonstrates what his priorities are. I can just imagine Dick Anderson doing something like that. I can just imagine Paul Warfield acting like a tough guy and ranting on the sideline if he felt the offense was malfunctioning.

As I've posted many times, the changes in this franchise from when I was a kid to today are startling and disgusting. We lack elite people at the top and it impacts every decision, from the stadium to coaches to personnel...

* Not much else stood out from that Jets game. I didn't realize a few guys got nicked, like Earl Mitchell. Tannehill received an absolute gift when Cromartie's interception was ruled incomplete. That play was nothing but an interception. Grimes was woeful against Marshall. But he looked very good as a punt returner. Dangerous and nice instincts. We should use him there if his corner days are coming to an end. It was weird to watch the tape with Lazor on the sideline, not realizing it was his final game. He called some typical gimmick and screen passes when they made no sense. I actually love it when those plays are blown up, even if my favorite teams are running them. Those plays deserve to be annihilated.

Awsi I always enjoy your posts and usually agree.
However, I disagree about doing the "hula dance" when 4-7. It would be different if Jones did not play hard. This guy plays his ass off, he flies around and hits like a linebacker. He deserves the personal accomplishment and deserves to show it.

Antwan V. Staley ‏@antwanstaley 4m4 minutes ago
Reshad Jones on if any other safety is playing better than he is: "I don't think so, my numbers speak for themselves." #Dolphins

Antwan V. Staley ‏@antwanstaley 2m2 minutes ago
Jones on the pro bowl: "It's a popularity contest and if they judging by numbers, I'm up at the top." #Dolphins

Jones on film study: "It's huge, I'm the quarterback of the defense."

Both Pouncey and Jones said they love the Throwback Jerseys the team will wear on MNF #Dolphins

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 31s31 seconds ago
#Dolphins' Reshad Jones said he doesn't know what more he has to do to make his first Pro Bowl. He said his numbers are there w/any safety.

Antwan V. Staley ‏@antwanstaley 4m4 minutes ago
Reshad Jones on if any other safety is playing better than he is: "I don't think so, my numbers speak for themselves." #Dolphins

Jones on the pro bowl: "It's a popularity contest and if they judging by numbers, I'm up at the top." #Dolphins

Jones on film study: "It's huge, I'm the quarterback of the defense."

Both Pouncey and Jones said they love the Throwback Jerseys the team will wear on MNF #Dolphins

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 31s31 seconds ago
#Dolphins' Reshad Jones said he doesn't know what more he has to do to make his first Pro Bowl. He said his numbers are there w/any safety.

Jones is 100% correct...

guy is playing lights out and deserves to get the nod

Jones is by far my favorite player on the team and he should make the pro bowl but incessantly talking about is getting a little trite

Jones is by far my favorite player on the team and he should make the pro bowl but incessantly talking about is getting a little trite

i'm sure they're asking him the questions, not vice versa

I like Jones a lot but it bugs me that he is continuously lobbying for this. I get that you are playing well and want your recognition, but at some point you are putting yourself before the team and that seems like it could be a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom