Reshad Jones says he’s in Miami for the long haul: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reshad Jones says he’s in Miami for the long haul:

ohall

A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.
Reaction score
CLICK HERE: Reshad Jones says he’s in Miami for the long haul:

I love hearing things like this. I hope it is true that he really feels that way. I'm sure he is of TWO minds. He loves playing for the city of Miami, but he also knows what is prob coming next year for him.

“I’m home. I’ve been here for 10 years. It’s home for me,” Jones said on Wednesday, following his return to practice after being sidelined for two weeks.

“I love the guys in this locker room. I love South Florida. I want to see the Dolphins win football games, and I’m willing to do whatever it takes for us to win.”

“If I wanted out, I had a chance to make that known,” Jones said. “I’m here for the long haul. Like I said, I’m here to help this team win football games.”

I wonder if he will be willing to redo his contract this off-season? Prob not, but just an idea.

Yeah to be honest Jones is at the point we'd get very little in return for him, I would trade him otherwise but unless cap space becomes an issue i don't see any reason to let him go this season or the next.

Sounds like he has matured so could be a good guy to be a team leader, Lord knows he is one of the toughest hitters in the NFL at safety our team could use more toughness in the future.

CLICK HERE: Reshad Jones says he’s in Miami for the long haul:

I love hearing things like this. I hope it is true that he really feels that way. I'm sure he is of TWO minds. He loves playing for the city of Miami, but he also knows what is prob coming next year for him.

I wonder if he will be willing to redo his contract this off-season? Prob not, but just an idea.

IDK. I lost a lot of respect for the man when he quit last year. Then he didn't show up for OTAs.

He may be willing to redo his contract, but It would definitely have to be on the Dolphins terms, will little gaurateed $. On the other hand, his carreer is winding down. He's not going to see another big payday from any team, so he may be content finishing here. If he did, I have no doubt he could work his way into the S. FL sports scene, talk radio, whatever.

He could also opt to chase a ring somewhere, but either way, I think his days of being more than a part time player are probably close to being over.

IDK. I lost a lot of respect for the man when he quit last year. Then he didn't show up for OTAs.

He may be willing to redo his contract, but It would definitely have to be on the Dolphins terms, will little gaurateed $. On the other hand, his carreer is winding down. He's not going to see another big payday from any team, so he may be content finishing here. If he did, I have no doubt he could work his way into the S. FL sports scene, talk radio, whatever.

He could also opt to chase a ring somewhere, but either way, I think his days of being more than a part time player are probably close to being over.

That's the one thing you never do..It's essentially what Minkah did. He quit on his team...That's unforgivable in my book. Especially from someone that's a core leader of the team.

aka "ill be holding out for more money next year

You guys act like he is 35. He has 2-3 solid years left.. especially with a defense that like to use players to their strengths

You guys act like he is 35. He has 2-3 solid years left.. especially with a defense that like to use players to their strengths

It also is a defense predicated on communication and guys doing their job . . . Basically it is an anti Reshad Jones defense.

Maybe he changes but I look at the salary and the player and think he is gone next year.

I agree he is probably gone after this year, however I think when asked to play a limited role he will be fine

not interested.

He's talking about all the money he's been "haul"ing from the team that was dumb enough to give it to him

Back
Top Bottom