responsibility | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

responsibility

NYPHIN

Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
Reaction score
I like Mare-he's a hell of a kicker but people in all walks of life need to start taking responsibility when they F up rather than blaming everyone but themselves or making freaking excuses (i.e. infield dirt, etc.)...Mare lost the game today, period. Hopefully, more often than not this season, he comes through (ala Denver, '02). Enough w/ the excuses though, he's a FIELD GOAL KICKER-I doubt I need my Webster's for this but the definition probably goes like this: FIELD GOAL KICKER-'one who KICKS field goals'. O.M.-I can live w/ this loss...we usually lose a few division games but don't shank the one at the end of the season that puts us where we want to be and all will be forgiven.

:birthday: to me!

Blaming Olindo Mare is lame. He is part of the reason we lost but not the only reason. First of all, it isn't his fault the kick was blocked. Secondly, kicking on dirt is a lot harder. Just look at his kicks this year. I can guarantee his field goal percentage is a lot higher when kicking on grass.

Lame?

Lame? I know we played bad but this is the reason you pay your kicker the big bucks...to bail us out. When you play poorly and still put your team in a position to win-you MAKE the kick...that's your JOB.
:pirate:

sorry bliz

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Blaming Olindo Mare is lame. He is part of the reason we lost but not the only reason. First of all, it isn't his fault the kick was blocked. Secondly, kicking on dirt is a lot harder. Just look at his kicks this year. I can guarantee his field goal percentage is a lot higher when kicking on grass.

He kicked that ball low. Rewatch the game and you'll see their defensive line get really no push. It was his fault

Bottom line. He's paid well to make those kicks. Dirt, Rain, Snow, Sunny. It doesn't matter. He's paid well to make those kicks.

Originally posted by gunn34
Bottom line. He's paid well to make those kicks. Dirt, Rain, Snow, Sunny. It doesn't matter. He's paid well to make those kicks.

What he said.

i have a gripe i havent seen the past couple weeks... and i know i tend to see more of it when it goes against the Dolphins, but the refs have not been doing right by us the last 2 games. against the Jags Miami and yesterday Miami had more than their fair share of holding called it seemed. in both games, i witnessed Miami D lineman getting mauled, spun around, tackled by their jerseys, and the penalties are not being called on our opponents. i am not a "blame the refs" type guy. but when my wife is sitting their next to me saying things like "it's not legal to do that, is it?" and "arent the refs supposed to call penalties on the offense for that?" i feel like im not being a completely biased fan.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe one of Vinatieri's FGs was off the dirt and he made it. Mare was only part of the problems, but he could have won the game TWICE.

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
i have a gripe i havent seen the past couple weeks... and i know i tend to see more of it when it goes against the Dolphins, but the refs have not been doing right by us the last 2 games. against the Jags Miami and yesterday Miami had more than their fair share of holding called it seemed. in both games, i witnessed Miami D lineman getting mauled, spun around, tackled by their jerseys, and the penalties are not being called on our opponents. i am not a "blame the refs" type guy. but when my wife is sitting their next to me saying things like "it's not legal to do that, is it?" and "arent the refs supposed to call penalties on the offense for that?" i feel like im not being a completely biased fan.

I noticed that yesterday as well. Some BLATANT holds not called on the Pats offense.

You're just p-p-p-p-pp-p-player hatin'. :tongue:

maybe i am... :) but it did seem that way epsecially in Jax. i was there and watched the Jags players getting to know the D line of the Dolphins on a close personal basis.

Originally posted by Vegas_Phin
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe one of Vinatieri's FGs was off the dirt and he made it. Mare was only part of the problems, but he could have won the game TWICE.

I seem to remember Vinatieri making this kick in a swirling snowstorm from at least 40 yards away, if not longer. Does anyone else remember something like this?

Back
Top Bottom