Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - John Denney | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - John Denney

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
In the history of the franchise tag, has there ever been a LS that has been tagged?:shrug:

494237350.jpg.0.jpg

Our annual “Retain, Tag, or Walk” series of articles, given you a closer look at the Miami Dolphins players with expiring contracts and giving you a chance to vote on what you would do with that player. Today, we take a look at long snapper John Denney.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/1...ts-john-denney-miami-dolphins-retain-tag-walk

I don’t know what happened in the game where they got 2 blocked punts but I’m not basing my decision on that. We take for granted the lack of botched FG, PAT and Punt snaps the guy makes.

Think about it this way - in ‘94, if Denney snaps the ball on that 47 yard FG try to beat SD in the playoffs 99.999999999% he doesn’t get the yips like whoever snapped it way too high causing the timing of the kick to be so screwed up the ball not only pushed wide, it only traveled like 28 yards. Your long snapper can mean SB appearance or not. No thank you to a young guy. Denney has ice in his veins. Let him play until he can’t snap it anymore.

I don’t know what happened in the game where they got 2 blocked punts but I’m not basing my decision on that. We take for granted the lack of botched FG, PAT and Punt snaps the guy makes.

Think about it this way - in ‘94, if Denney snaps the ball on that 47 yard FG try to beat SD in the playoffs 99.999999999% he doesn’t get the yips like whoever snapped it way too high causing the timing of the kick to be so screwed up the ball not only pushed wide, it only traveled like 28 yards. Your long snapper can mean SB appearance or not. No thank you to a young guy. Denney has ice in his veins. Let him play until he can’t snap it anymore.

At some point a young player will need to replace Denny. I would prefer it to be during our down year and get those growing pains out of the way.

At some point a young player will need to replace Denny. I would prefer it to be during our down year and get those growing pains out of the way.
A very good point. Wasn’t thinking that way but I could be convinced. I’m still putting Denney in the Ring of Honor just because :)

i want Denney to retire while Rizzi is still here, and then spend some time at asst ST coach until its time to take Rizzis spot. the man sure never be without aqua and orange on sundays regardless of how it happens. Love denney and know we never have to worry about him (that 2 blocked game was a fluke somehow), but at some point we do have to think about getting cheaper, younger, and more versatile at the position. maybe we wouldn't have jesse davis playing DL if we had a DL that was a long snapper (I know you don't see that often, seems like its always TE or OL)

Keep him. Tag him if they have to! :)

i want Denney to retire while Rizzi is still here, and then spend some time at asst ST coach until its time to take Rizzis spot. the man sure never be without aqua and orange on sundays regardless of how it happens. Love denney and know we never have to worry about him (that 2 blocked game was a fluke somehow), but at some point we do have to think about getting cheaper, younger, and more versatile at the position. maybe we wouldn't have jesse davis playing DL if we had a DL that was a long snapper (I know you don't see that often, seems like its always TE or OL)
Well half of your prophecy came true

Denny has the dream job. Make millions snapping a ball a few times a game and blocking. Where does one sign up for that job?

Back
Top Bottom