Revelation on offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revelation on offense

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The Dolphins passed on Newson's college teammate, Tyrone Calico, in the last draft because they believed Newson could end up better. Calico is developing into a playmaker for the Titans and Newson believes he can do the same for the Dolphins. "I can do almost everything on the field," he said. "I can go deep. I [can] come across the middle and make the tough catch and make the acrobatic catch. [I can] block, I can split defenders.

"He is a real good athlete," wide receivers coach Robert Ford
said. "He definitely can run all day."

"He has all the skills to be as good as he wants to be," Ford said.

"He is 6-2 and he can play like he is 6-5. He actually has unbelievable hands, and he has a gear that you cannot see."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolphins15nov15,0,7260749.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

Newsome has the talent to be as good any WR but can he develop into a great one?

Good question.

better question....Who is Newsome?

:tongue: ;) :jk:

I agree that he may have some decent talent, but there is a reason that he was cut in preseason. There is also a reason that nobody signed him until we placed him on the PS.

Also, don't believe everything coaches say in the media. Most of what they say is double talk and blowing smoke up people's asses.

Unbelieveable hands huh? Wasnt it his hands the ball went straight trhough on its way into a Titans defenders hands?

it was his first game... it's nothing DT hasn't done ALL SEASON!

newsome looked good imo. i think he can be solid.

NewsON......;)

sorry.....it seems to be becoming a pet peeve of mine...

Originally posted by scotgif
I agree that he may have some decent talent, but there is a reason that he was cut in preseason. There is also a reason that nobody signed him until we placed him on the PS.

Also, don't believe everything coaches say in the media. Most of what they say is double talk and blowing smoke up people's asses.

I'd usually agree whole-heartedly. And I still do for the most part. But you can't discount the fact that he played on Sunday and came thru with some big catches. We also have to remember that he reportedly has turned it on the last 7 weeks in practice. They wouldn't just have him leapfrog McKnight, Simmons, and Tolver for the heck of it.

IMO, Kendall Newson probably got caught up in the numbers game back in August. We had our 5 WRs and Charlie Rogers. Perhaps he got a little burned out from playing in Europe all summer. Who knows. But what we do know is that he's making a mark and he's getting on the field with the starters.

MD called this one back in the summer. :)

Also, my favorite quote from the article......

"I was hoping that he wouldn't wet down his leg Sunday, and he did," Ford said.

:lol:

If Greise was going to him it must because he was the only one open. I don't believe Chambers and Thompson try to get open every play like they should. They think, "I was open last time and he didn't go to me so why try." And there is no reprocussions from the coaches so really, why try. No a new hungry receiver gets open because he's hungry.

Originally posted by minus
The Dolphins passed on Newson's college teammate, Tyrone Calico, in the last draft because they believed Newson could end up better. Calico is developing into a playmaker for the Titans and Newson believes he can do the same for the Dolphins. "I can do almost everything on the field," he said. "I can go deep. I [can] come across the middle and make the tough catch and make the acrobatic catch. [I can] block, I can split defenders.

"He is a real good athlete," wide receivers coach Robert Ford
said. "He definitely can run all day."

"He has all the skills to be as good as he wants to be," Ford said.

"He is 6-2 and he can play like he is 6-5. He actually has unbelievable hands, and he has a gear that you cannot see."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolphins15nov15,0,7260749.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

I would like to see him get more playing time. Looks like he'll be ok. Besides, it ain't like anybody else is lightin' it up any.

You know what the funny thing is about this kid. His knock was supposed to be deep speed. I remember him being compared to a Gadsen when he was drafted. The reason why I think he is fast? He has dropped 18 pounds since that 2002 draft. Maybe that is why he can return well too.

Back
Top Bottom