Rex at Center, Take Max-Jean | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex at Center, Take Max-Jean

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The signing of Culpepper has changed our draft strategy, for sure. I think Saban is going to go strong in free agency and fill many of our needs there. Since Mawae is now gone, I think we move Rex to center, a position he played very well at in college and did a good job last year subbing for McKinney. I believe he will be a better center, than guard.

Max-Jean Gilles has been touted by many experts as the best overall lineman in the draft. He may not pass block as well as Brick, but he is certainly the best run blocker and he plays both guard and tackle. He is a huge man who mauls D-lineman and brings a nasty attitude to our line, which we need.

His value is a few picks down from #16, but so what. With Shelton and James on the left side and Gilles and Carey on the right, Hadnot getting a good push up the middle, we will be an awesome run blocking unit, and I have faith that Houck will bring this group along as a good pass blocking unit. With Daunte pulling the trigger, it will take some pressure off the need to pass block extremely well, due to his experience and escapability, not to mention that defenses will finally have to respect the deep ball and not crowd the box.

With Mularkey's reputation as a creative O-coordinator (especially with the run) and our backfield, combined with this line, we would be eating some major clock and keeping our D off the field. With the graybeards we have on defense, a clock-eating line would be very helpful and obviously keep them fresh.

FinFan57 said:
The signing of Culpepper has changed our draft strategy, for sure. I think Saban is going to go strong in free agency and fill many of our needs there. Since Mawae is now gone, I think we move Rex to center, a position he played very well at in college and did a good job last year subbing for McKinney. I believe he will be a better center, than guard.

Max-Jean Gilles has been touted by many experts as the best overall lineman in the draft. He may not pass block as well as Brick, but he is certainly the best run blocker and he plays both guard and tackle. He is a huge man who mauls D-lineman and brings a nasty attitude to our line, which we need.

His value is a few picks down from #16, but so what. With Shelton and James on the left side and Gilles and Carey on the right, Hadnot getting a good push up the middle, we will be an awesome run blocking unit, and I have faith that Houck will bring this group along as a good pass blocking unit. With Daunte pulling the trigger, it will take some pressure off the need to pass block extremely well, due to his experience and escapability, not to mention that defenses will finally have to respect the deep ball and not crowd the box.

With Mularkey's reputation as a creative O-coordinator (especially with the run) and our backfield, combined with this line, we would be eating some major clock and keeping our D off the field. With the graybeards we have on defense, a clock-eating line would be very helpful and obviously keep them fresh.
Max-Jean Giles in the first? Only if we trade down. I like this kid but he's best at zone blocking and quick traps. If he has to move alot then he's has a difficult time getting to him man because he's not the most mobile of OG.

we might be able to get him in the second. We did sign LJ, so I think we can find a OL in the third to let him learn under the guys we have

I wouldnt mind having him, Im just afraid of takinh O-lineman in the 1st rd. I love the way he jumps all over those D-lineman in the trenches.

Back
Top Bottom