Rick is very prepared for this GM job. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rick is very prepared for this GM job.

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
He definitely has a plan for what he wants to do with the personnel on this team. He absolutely floored Wayne Huizenga and Eddie Jones at his interview when he had a 3+ hour presentation on what needs to be done to this team.

Based on what I've heard, the other candidates came in with some ideas on what to do. Rick had a detailed and organized plan. His organizational skills and knowledge of the team is what got him this job.

i'm glad he got the job. i was hoping for savage, but RS is fine with me. he's been around the team and obviously knows more then anyone else could. lets hope he can do a good job.

Hank Goldberg stated that Rick kept a file on every player the Dolphins "missed out" on in the draft. He brought this file to the interview with him, along with detailed salary cap info on EVERY TEAM in the NFL.

He wanted this job and went all out to get it.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Hank Goldberg stated that Rick kept a file on every player the Dolphins "missed out" on in the draft. He brought this file to the interview with him, along with detailed salary cap info on EVERY TEAM in the NFL.

He wanted this job and went all out to get it.

thats what it is all about. i think this guy is a pure winner no doubt. when he got the job, i was happy. Dan being VP only sweetened the pot because i think they will be a force. two young guys with rick being the workhorse and Dan being the PR guy who gives him all the tools he needs.

One thing though, we are not hearing from Wolf and it is my guesstimation that he saw what Spielman does and probably said to himself, "what the hell do they need me for?":D

Hey you know I couldn't be happier. The minute the Dolphins announced the GM search and started tossing around names like Mueller and Modrak and even Wolf, I started like 2 or 3 threads asking the simple question why don't they just give the job to Spielman. The guy has a real future in this league as a GM. He has been considered a very talented up and comer for a while already and there have been attempts already by other teams to swipe him out from under us.

I'm just glad that Huizenga and Jones found a way they think will resolve the problem of Spielman now have final say over Wannstedt in personnel issues where before he was working a Wanny's right hand man.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Hey you know I couldn't be happier. The minute the Dolphins announced the GM search and started tossing around names like Mueller and Modrak and even Wolf, I started like 2 or 3 threads asking the simple question why don't they just give the job to Spielman. The guy has a real future in this league as a GM. He has been considered a very talented up and comer for a while already and there have been attempts already by other teams to swipe him out from under us.

I'm just glad that Huizenga and Jones found a way they think will resolve the problem of Spielman now have final say over Wannstedt in personnel issues where before he was working a Wanny's right hand man.

shoulda been that way last year but i guess you have to work your way up. spielman obviously loves his job enough to put so much effort into it and he knows this is a great organization. And to now be working next to Dan and reporting to him must make him feel like a kings servant who knows he will be rewarded someday bigtime if he just keeps his nose to the grindstone. He just looked to me to be the kind of guy who has no place left to go and wanted this job sooooooooo bad that he was going to show them everything in his arsenal and there was no way they were going to let him go to Detroit or somewhere else. Rick is no longer a secret. He is the modern day warrior with mean pride IMO.

Back
Top Bottom