Rick Spielman being edged out? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rick Spielman being edged out?

stan marino said:
Spielman was a pretty good judge of talent, too bad he never seemed to realize the value of draft picks when tradeing them.

very true, chambers and mcmichael, wale come to mind. i loved the Williams trade so i cant knock him for that. the DW influence cant be understated. id be curious to see the players RS wanted that DW told him wouldnt fit on his team. i know he wanted to give 2 #1's for Pat Ramsey. probably better wash. didnt want to to it

girthvader44 said:
I just think that Nick will want all members from the previous regime ousted. Rick is a great talent scout (and a poor decision maker as someone above mentioned), however, his close association with the previous staff may prove to be too much. I don think he lasts through to the summer.

Tick...tick...tick...tick...

agreed - this has nothing to do with his ability - it's about the saban show - and rick is not a ready-for-prime-time player ala nick - the house cleaning started with most of the assistant coaches, will continue through spielman and will eventually catch up with alot of our favorite dolphin veteran players

Maynard said:
very true, chambers and mcmichael, wale come to mind. i loved the Williams trade so i cant knock him for that. the DW influence cant be understated. id be curious to see the players RS wanted that DW told him wouldnt fit on his team. i know he wanted to give 2 #1's for Pat Ramsey. probably better wash. didnt want to to it

Dave was the general, and Rick was the soldier until last year. Rick scouted chambers, mcmichael, todd wade, etc.

Now for some Decision Science bull-stuff for y'all. Until last year, Dave got to choose the weighting of importance of different factors. He also got to make the final decisions.

In other words, Rick was a scout that provided data. IF Rick "processed" the data for decision support, it was based on Dave's models, not Rick's models.

RW was a Dave desire. Rick may have scouted him, but Dave said "I want that guy." I think I remember reading articles saying that Rick was in charge of "making it happen" at the time. Anyway, if that was the case, Rick's job would have been to negotiate what he could and present it to El Coachemoustachio.

LAST YEAR, Rick got to do both. Personally, I think he did alright. I think he got bluffed on the 4th rounder for Carey, but that may work out ok in the end. Feeley will be evaluated after this year with a real coach. His other picks last year were pretty darn good. I like Pope, Bua, Hadnot, Pape, Carey. Most of them are maulers.

Back
Top Bottom