Rick Spielman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rick Spielman

I hope he gets the job but the writing is on the wall. Considering they just stripped Wanny of his talent searches, taking a suggestion from him for his boss might be counter productive, even though I feel Spielman should get the job.

I hope tha if he is let go he is able to go elsewhere and build a team into a championship caliber team.

Wakey, that's a quote from good ole boy Sadamm :jk: on your sig. Just wonder what ever gave you the idea to use it?

:cooldude:

Rick Spielman is more than qualified for the job. The question I would have is if he will defer to Dave on any decisions? Just how many times has Spielman been overruled by Dave on deals or draft picks? No one will ever really know unless Rick talks if he goes elsewhere. That would be very unprofessional though, and I doubt Rick would do it.

Rick has stated that he knows exactly what he wants to do with the team if he gets the job.

The one thing that will probably keep him from getting the job is the fan reaction. Fans are expecting a change, and by basically giving Spielman more power over Wanny, it looks on the surface like a cosmetic change. Fans in general don't really think things through though. Fans typically overreact to things that go both ways. Wayne knows this, and I think that hurts Rick's chances.

I guarantee you that most phins fans wouldn't know Randy Mueller from Charlie Brown, but the fact that he's someone different will get the excitement up.

WE HIRED CHARLIE BROWN!!!!:woot:

WE GONNA WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!:woot:

I knew we would get the best GM out there........

Have to agree with KB for the most part.

This team does NOT need a major overhaul. He's done an excellent to outstanding job with personnel as far as I can tell.

The only question is whether he can handle being Wanny's boss. I'd believe that he has to get the benefit of the doubt.

Much more so than someone like Mueller, who is a loose cannon. Stability has characterized Miami for the last 19 years. Mueller will change have the squad every year, just because his nature is like a nervous child: contiinally screwing with something.

I never knew that Mueller was like that...........

El Paso on him if that is true.......

Aqua..I'm not arguing with you, but could you give me some examples with Mueller unnessicarily screwing with a teams roster?

Top of my uninformed head? That was nothing than an impression. Ricky's there, he draft's Deuce (excellent back, not kidding .... but could we expect a move up for Winslow?????? ) Turley, very decent tackle, but a malcontent ...

How many frickin times have they changed QBs?

Brooks was the starter in his two years there.

What are you talking about?

They switched offenses and it worked and the Saints got back some of the picks they lost in the 99 and 00 drafts moving up for Williams.

Well, admitted, I was just jumping from an impression. Still, Saints have never done crap. He was at Seattle with all their blockbuster deals before that.

Still, they guy leaves me with the impression that he makes deals just to be fiddling with ****.

Saints were on their way when he was there. He turned them from 3-13 and had four current starters in training camp 2000, just when he came.

Aaron Brooks, Jake Delhomme, Marc Bulger, and Jeff Blake.

I think that's a good sign for the three months he had to get them.

The reason he was fired was because the owner wanted to be hands on and Meuller hates those kinds of owners. Well Huizenga sure as hell is not hands on.

Back
Top Bottom