Rick Spielman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rick Spielman

Originally posted by Disnardo
Wakey, that's a quote from good ole boy Sadamm :jk: on your sig. Just wonder what ever gave you the idea to use it?

:cooldude:

Just a good place to put quotes that make me laugh. Here is another one.. "He's only 32, he'll grow out of it" Coach Haslett on Joe Horn after the cell phone incident.

Originally posted by Agua
Turley, very decent tackle, but a malcontent ...

How many frickin times have they changed QBs?

Turley was traded because he slammed Mueller in the press & got in his face once. Turley is no malcontent despite his trouble with Mueller. Many slam him for the helmet toss but few realize what led up to that unfortunate incident. Haslet was going to cut Turley for that! How do you come close to cutting Turley but keep Joe Horn after all the shat he puts us through??

QB's? whatchutalkinbout Willis?

Meuller was fired way before the Turley trade.

Kyle Turley is not a malcontent, the guys a warrior who will do anything for his teammates, I'd take that from every one of my lineman.

Tinkering or improving? Fine line there. I like it when a guy is not shy or overly loyal to the guys who just aren't getting it done anymore. If there is someone available who's better than the 52nd guy on the team than by all means make the change.

The GM's job is to get the best players available as well as putting the team in good cap position.

It's the coaches job to make them co-exist and keep cohesion in the locker room.

You can't give the job to someone who was lower than a man one year, then try to make him his boss the next. It just doesn't work and Spielman has next to no chance for the job unless every one else turns it down.

Originally posted by Jaj
The reason he was fired was because the owner wanted to be hands on and Meuller hates those kinds of owners. Well Huizenga sure as hell is not hands on.

The only thing Benson puts his hands on is his famous parasol...:confused:

smrec623-1.jpg

There was rumors about that trade for atleast 2 months. Do you really think that Benson would not have known it was going to happen. Bottom line Meuller is a darn good GM and he will get Miami a QB if hired.

Sorry, just a gut feel, ok? You get Mueller in here and you can expect instablity. He's continaully tinkering with crap which APPEARS to be for no purpose other than stroking his own power. Your choice. Not the kind of thing I like.

And your gut feel decides everything?

I remember a guy who came and said that he had a gut feeling the Fins would beat the Pats and that he was never wrong when he had a gut feeling.

He made a bad choice in Dale Carter but that's the only big wrong choice. He brought the Saints alot in his 2 years there. Most importantly a QB.

Still, they guy leaves me with the impression that he makes deals just to be fiddling with ****.

That's why I don't want Mueller. I looked into him and he likes to make changes. If changes aren't necessary, he will make them anyway. That just doesn't interest me. Mueller is a pretty good drafter but that is the only thing I like about him.

As for Speilman, I really hope he stays. I have said all along that Speilman should stay and Wanny should go. It looks like it might be the other way around. :(

Yes Jaj. Sorry you're less than impressed, but it's the truth; living here close to New Orleans and all the trading that went on.

Constant fiddling is not what anyone needs. That's why he was fired.

Originally posted by Jaj
He made a bad choice in Dale Carter but that's the only big wrong choice. He brought the Saints alot in his 2 years there. Most importantly a QB.

Dale Carter was a calculated risk that didn't work out but we didn't bet much on his salary.

I disagree.

After reading this, I think Mueller is exactly what the Dolphins need in a GM.

http://www.lunaranomalies.com/Mueller.htm

This guy has an unquestionable history at drafting players and acquiring talent through free agency. Very few of his moves have gone wrong.

Well, admitted, I was just jumping from an impression. Still, Saints have never done crap. He was at Seattle with all their blockbuster deals before that.

That falls on the coaching staff not the GM .... How can you blame a GM if he brings in the talent and the coaching staff pisses it away ?

Marino1983

Yes Jaj. Sorry you're less than impressed, but it's the truth; living here close to New Orleans and all the trading that went on.

Constant fiddling is not what anyone needs. That's why he was fired.

From the reports that I have read there was a major personality conflict with Benson the Saints owner ...

Marino1983

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

You can't give the job to someone who was lower than a man one year, then try to make him his boss the next. It just doesn't work and Spielman has next to no chance for the job unless every one else turns it down.

Exactly !!!!

:up:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom