Ricky Bashing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Bashing

Iamlegend

Pro Bowl Cornerback
Reaction score
I'm kinda disapointed in the fan reactions... so you were only his fan because he was a dolphin? Yeah i can understand that... kinda. But if you were his fan youd respect his decisions. Like Barry Sanders im sure he has good reasons for throwing away something so great. The real reasons will come out eventually... im almost 100% possative that its not just because he wants to go to asia to read poetry like most of you are saying. The guy has some problems or do you people not remember that when he came over from new orleans? I wish him all the luck in the world and ill be his fan forever. Its a big shock and it was horrible timing by his part, but just imagine how hard it was for him to be thinking about this all this time and now finally being able to come out and say he wants to retire. It sucks for us because with him we were a super bowl calibre team and now we drop right back down into rebuilding. Next year we get a rookie back or a FA and we'll be fine. Who knows, if we change our offense the right way perhaps maybe Travis Minor will get his opertunity to shine and just maybe he will do so.

Here is why I am bashing him, it's the way he did it. If he doesn't want to play anymore? That's fine. I'd still be upset. But to pull this crap so shortly before the season, totally screwing us over, that is not fine.

If he had done it right at the end of last season it would not be as bad. We would of had the whole off season to draft or pick someone up. But now its kinda late for all that.

so you were only his fan because he was a dolphin?

You obviously don't pay to watch your team, do you? How the hell can you defend a guy who obviously doesn't give a crap about the fans? If you want to respect his decision, fine, but that's about all there is to respect. He left you hanging out to dry! He couldn't do this a week ago? And now word is out that he told Wanny on Friday, and Wanny said nothing until the tickets were done selling?

Ricky screwed you, plain and simple, and to simply suck it up and take is just pussifiying.

And I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people on this board alone who shelled out a crapload of money to watch Ricky this year. How much do THEY respect his decision?

34phins you should be piss ,Im piss to
but it's his decision if his heart not in to it
then lets just wish his luck.

But the season is not over folk
The fin are going to the playoff
thats for sure.

The reason we're reacting with so much anger is because we like him so much. It's hard not to feel betrayed.

Think of it this way. If a third string quit we wouldn't care. He's the best thing the offense has going for it. Losing him hurts.

The timing is what is pissing people off more then the actual action, there were some good backs in this years draft that went late, there were also some decent FA RB's out there. If Ricky knew he was going to do this he should of mentioned it in enough time for the Fins to have a backup plan. Now it's time to scramble for leftovers and scraps.

LABillzFan said:

You obviously don't pay to watch your team, do you? How the hell can you defend a guy who obviously doesn't give a crap about the fans? If you want to respect his decision, fine, but that's about all there is to respect. He left you hanging out to dry! He couldn't do this a week ago? And now word is out that he told Wanny on Friday, and Wanny said nothing until the tickets were done selling?

Ricky screwed you, plain and simple, and to simply suck it up and take is just pussifiying.

And I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people on this board alone who shelled out a crapload of money to watch Ricky this year. How much do THEY respect his decision?

He didn't just screw the fans. He screwed his teammates. This is a guy that was HEAVILY relied upon by this team, and he bolts with no suggestion that he was thinking about it. The least he could have done was let the Dolphins know that he was thinking about retiring, if this wasn't a spur of the moment thing. I happen to think this is a spur of the moment thing, much like him cutting his locks. It's one of his quirks.

Even if he wanted to come back, I couldn't accept him as a teammate if I were on the Dolphins.

dolfan_1999 said:
He's the best thing the offense has going for it. Losing him hurts.

And that's it really in a nutshell. Every week you'd hear opposing teams talk about what they had to do to stop the Fish. "The key to our game is to stop Ricky. The key to our game is to stop Ricky" Over and over and over. No one ever talked about stopping Fee-Fee. No one ever talked about shutting down Chambers.

This is where being something of a one-dimensional team sucks.

Yup I'm a Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan. I respect Ricky's decision, but I don't respect how went about letting us the FANS know about this. He owed us and Wannstedt a hell of a lot more than what he gave us.

Oliver...

mia4ever said:
34phins you should be piss ,Im piss to
but it's his decision if his heart not in to it
then lets just wish his luck.

But the season is not over folk
The fin are going to the playoff
thats for sure.

If his heart isn't in it, that's fine. The way he retired was not respectful of the team and the fans. How do you think the people that paid for season tickets feel? They are going to have to watch a team go about 4-12 this year.

See the thing is, most of us don't respect him anymore. :shakeno:

KBISBACK said:
Even if he wanted to come back, I couldn't accept him as a teammate if I were on the Dolphins.

Now THAT's a statement made in anger, much as I believe Ricky's retirement is. You're telling me if Ricky changed his mind, apologized to everyone, you'd be saying NO THANKS RICK we've got Travis Minor? :lol: Give me a break. :shakeno:

LABillzFan said:

You said it man. I agree 100% with a Bills fan.. scary.

Back
Top Bottom