Ricky fumbling... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky fumbling...

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
I don't know why Ricky has been fumbling it so much lately. Last year he fumbled 7 times and lost 5. Already this year he's fumbled twice and lost 1. If he keeps going at this rate, he's going to fumble 16 times and lose 8 :eek:

Something needs to change. He was VERY lucky he didn't lose that fumble today and the Jets just weren't paying attention. I think we need to give him some more breaks. I said in the chatroom that he looked very tired before the play he fumbled, because he ran three or four times straight before that.

I think it just slipped out really.

Didn't really get hit to hard or the hand on the ball that much. He needs bigger gloves or something ;).

Its just something we have to live with. He won't fumble every game, and it is folly to project stats after only two games.

He's going to cough it up an average of 5 to 10 times a year. Thats just the way it goes. But as long as he's rushing for 1500 to 2000 yards every year, and catching for an additional 300 to 400 yards, I really don't give a damn. Do you?

I'll certainly give a damn....but it'll be much easier to live with if he's running for 1500+.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Do you?
Yes. Fumbles are huge. It can change the entire momentum of a game. Priest Holmes only lost one fumble last year, why can't Ricky?

Ricky has big big muscles on relatively short arms. It almost helps squeeze it out. Yes though he needs to hold on to it better.

He has to constantly fight it but I really don't see it being a very big deal. If I recall correctly most of his fumbles come on receptions.

Yes. Fumbles are huge. It can change the entire momentum of a game. Priest Holmes only lost one fumble last year, why can't Ricky?
-------------------------------------------
DolFans have a identity crisis. People want to think of us as the Bucs with our D, or the ravens. People seem to think we have a pro bowl QB back there when they comlpain about going conservative too early. And now why can't ricky be more like Priest Holmes? Look the dolphins are the dolphins and they have to do things their way, thats what in the end will separate this team from the rest. O did i forget to mention or head coach? People want Dave to be more like Gruden. They want our pass offense to be like the rams were a couple of years back. Point is be happy that the dolphins are a unique team indeed. Just be happy with that.

Jaj is exactly right. Ricky's hands aren't that big either. But when you think about what Ricky brings to the table versus the mediocrities and garbage we've run out there since Csonka left, you take the occasional fumble. At least he can convert the short-yardage situations.

hey, he's a bit of a fumbler...but whats better? 1800 yards, 16+ td's and a few fumbles? or <800 yards, 3-4 td's and few fumbles?...you live with it because he's so good

Ricky is Ricky. I don't like the fumbles either, but man. This is the greatest RB I have ever seen. He plays with such a violent mixture of grace and smashing authority. If that has an occasional fumble as a price?

So be it.

ya he puts it on the floor once in a while but he brings so much more to the offense that it is clearly worth it.

He'll be Miami's All time rusher soon & for a long time to come!

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
I think it just slipped out really.

Didn't really get hit to hard or the hand on the ball that much. He needs bigger gloves or something ;).

Doesnt matter!! A Fumbles a fumble..Its worse if it just slips out compared to getting nailed and fumbling...

Back
Top Bottom