Ricky Gets A Sweet Deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Gets A Sweet Deal

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dolphins | Ricky Gets A Sweet Deal - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
12:23 PT: Pete Prisco reports for SportsLine.com Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams' new deal is a sweet one for the running back. It's loaded with incentives and escalators. Williams will earn a base salary of $450,000 this year, but his performance will dictate his pay the next three years. His base can go from $530,000 in 2003 to $4.25 million based on his performance because of escalators. He can go from $635,000 to $8.5 million in 2004 and $540,000 to $12.75 million in 2005. He also has many incentives including rushing yards, catches and number of plays he participates in built into the new deal that was negotiated by agent Leigh Steinberg.

Thats good for Ricky... except I feel we might have been a bit too generous... $12.75 million! We can't forget there are 52 other players on the team.

I don't like it, we should have done it through bonuses and we are ****ed if he gets the 12 million or 8.

Those #'s are at the high end. From what I've heard is that with the #'s he's expected to reach he will get around 3-4 million next season. The only way he hits those other #'s is if he has like a 2000 yard rushing season.

Back
Top Bottom