ricky images | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ricky images

Great picture, but I noticed something...

Look how RW doen't have the ball tucked away properly. The bottom of the ball looks positioned under that massive bicept right, but his fingers aren't wrapped over the top point of the ball as they usually show is correct.

You can see how if he was hit from behind or at the wrong angle that the ball could squirt out.

I would say that RW is probably the best player on our team, but correcting fumbles is one part of his game he could still work on...

Everyone in this league could work on not fumbling. Fact of the matter is Ricky has small hands, and those massive arms don't give him much space to play with when he is holding the ball. If you notice in the picture, the ball is much larger than his forearm, so he either has to hold the ballby the tip and have it extend from the back, or tuck it in and leave the front of the ball exposed. I'd take it sticking out the back, cause nobody is catching up to Ricky any time soon.;)

If the ball was tucked deeper into the inside of his elbow, there would be more room at the top for his hand to cover and lock it in tight!

Dude, if he tucks it inside his elbow, he can't reach around the tip. He either has to stick it out the back or the front. He has very small hands and huge arms. I'll take it

How did this thread go from, wanting a picture of Ricky to how to hold the football?

Bored in the offseason I guess.

That is a great pic of ricky where did you get it from and are there anymore???

hi-res pics are hard to come by

wayner

His short forearem and fingers make it almost impossible for him to carry the ball safely. I wonder if he shouldn't convert to two hands covering the ball in MOST situations, other than the open field.

It would screw up his balance though...

DAMMIT!

Ricky fumbled once against Chicago, I believe. Maybe that photo is from the play he fumbled. :confused:

Awesome picture! Those uniforms look great! I think I like them the best of what we have to offer this year, though I haven't seen the orange jersey's yet.

Steve

Remember, it was a monsoon during the Chicago game. There were a lot of fumbles and drops that night. The fact that Ricky only fumbled it once (on a solid Urlacher punch from behind) was a miracle.

i think its great how a bunch of people are sitting here telling ricky williams how to hold a football. maybe you guys should go show him. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom