Ricky Impressed With Recieving Skills... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Impressed With Recieving Skills...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let me just say a few things about RICKY WILLIAMS...and what I noticed out there. There is no question that all the fans in the stands....were clapping each time he touched the ball. But he not only looked good just wearing that Dolphin unform....but most of us up there...were commenting on his recieveing ability...and running after the catch. I personally did not see RICKY drop anything on the ground in these sessions....and he was the center of that offense...believe me. I noticed that he was talking to JAY FIEDLER...on many occasions after a play...about the routes he was running and what he was explaining to JAY about....what the defense was doing. RICKY did not talk to many other players....was just doing his reps and going over things with NORV or JAY. I was very surprised to see RICKY running some what I would call "deep flat or "circle routes"..for you coaches....and was impressed by the depths of the routes....going about 15-20 yards. What I am telling you is...they are letting the RB's go out much more now...this is a much more stretch the field type of offense. Also.....people were commenting on how RICKY is a pretty damn good blocker...getting down the field for some of the Wideouts...after a short catch. All said---RICKY was "mentally prepared"...looked smooth...and did not look bad at any time at all. The coaches are just raving about his work-ethic....as far as football intellect is concerned....the guy has it. They are just hoping that RICKY shows up to all meetings on time. That is a pet-peeve from WANNY....RICKY must show up on time....anything else as far as excuses will not be tolerated...and right now....the guy has been perfect.

One thing I have noticed......RICKY has no interest in signing anything from his old team....the SAINTS. He is very bitter now...it seems of his old coach...HASLETT. Many fans were there with SAINTS stuff....and he wants no part of that. He is a Dolphin and proud of it....and that is good.

It now looks like RICKY will indeed be paying something for the right to wear $34...I am told. TRAVIS MINOR...who now wears #28....has officially on the record...asked RICKY to "figure something out" and give him an answer before the end of training camp. Too many players felt that MINOR should be compensated by RICKY...in a kiddingly manner, of some sort...and its just a way for the players to keep some friendly trash-talk to Minor going....and he is getting the old "Hey TRAVIS...what number did they give you, we all forgot'? I did hear that indeed RICKY is "working on the compensation".

I heard today that RICKY only trusts writer DAN LeBETARD....and LEBBIE and RICKY are planning on collaborating on a book-deal....on WILLIAMS life...later this fall.

Like I told you guys a while back---RICKY has just closed on a mansion-type of home off the LOS OLAS waterfront...in Lauderdale...for about 1.2 million bucks..... He will be moving in by himself....with many cars. He has apparently kept his condo back in New Orleans and sold his other home in the suburbs of New Orleans. He has decided to make South Florida his home.

RICKY authentics will be released by REEBOK in JUNE....

The Mcfarlande figure is just a thing of great RICKY detail....its a must buy...do out I believe in 2 months.

Thats it for RICKY.....so far...everything is blue skys...
DCH

I think I'm gunna get some Ricky Shoes :p

It's good that Ricky's doing all this, and I like the fact that we are opening up the offense.

I know you said Jay has looked good, but did he make any notable mistakes? Did his balls have good zip? Thanks for any info :)

FIEDLER MADE MISTAKES...

Jay Fiedler was by far....the most crisp...and his passes had some zip....but sometimes he too---was very confused on many of the recievers "breaks". There is so many new guys out there....this is just about to be expected. CHAMBERS, WARD, and GADSDEN did not work.... ROBERT BAKER and JAMES McKNIGHT...who was working out of the SLOT...caught the most passes. Believe it or not...JEFF OGDEN got many balls thrown his way.

Quarterbacking was poor...overall....including for JAY sometimes. Even if JAY was better than all the QB's.....I really did not see many "big plays"....TD's in particular...just non-existent in the big play department.

dch,another great report...i cant wait to see ricky...i am concerned about the receivers...i think we are 1 chris chambers injury away from being mediocre...i really want cris carter...there has been speculation about what wrs will be cut on june 1st...i heard antonio freeman,keenan mckardell and derrick alexander will be cut but i would rather have cris carter then any of those guys...

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Did his balls have good zip?

Only when he jumped up and down!!!!
Sorry 984 coundn't resist .
You left yourself wide open on that one.

Um, okay............

Yeaaah...

Anyway,

Well, that's what you get learning a brand new offense. Damn, I don't want McKnight in the slot :p

You guys have no idea how good a blocker RW is.
You are going to be really impressed once the real hittin' starts.

Speaking of not signing stuff... RW is not very keen on signing stuff, for whatever reason, and I don't blame him for not signing anything Saints.

As far as team meeting late-shows, I guess it was more a result of the situation he was in.

codename47............

Originally posted by codename47
You guys have no idea how good a blocker RW is.
You are going to be really impressed once the real hittin' starts.

Speaking of not signing stuff... RW is not very keen on signing stuff, for whatever reason, and I don't blame him for not signing anything Saints.

As far as team meeting late-shows, I guess it was more a result of the situation he was in.

Are you a Saints fan?

Re: FIEDLER MADE MISTAKES...

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
Jay Fiedler was by far....the most crisp...and his passes had some zip....but sometimes he too---was very confused on many of the recievers "breaks". There is so many new guys out there....this is just about to be expected. CHAMBERS, WARD, and GADSDEN did not work.... ROBERT BAKER and JAMES McKNIGHT...who was working out of the SLOT...caught the most passes. Believe it or not...JEFF OGDEN got many balls thrown his way.

Quarterbacking was poor...overall....including for JAY sometimes. Even if JAY was better than all the QB's.....I really did not see many "big plays"....TD's in particular...just non-existent in the big play department.

One thing I did take notice of was Norv really did not get mad or frustrated with anyone. He knows that his play book is ten inches thick!! :D

Time will tell week in and week out as to the progress...

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Well, that's what you get learning a brand new offense. Damn, I don't want McKnight in the slot :p

That's a good question you should ask around about DCH. Whether it will be McKnight or Orende in the slot.

THEY ARE LEANING TOWARDS MCKNIGHT....

I have heard the plan is to use McKnight there. I saw McKNIGHT take a reverse for a nice gain out of the slot in today's practice. I think that NORV sees the likes of McKNIGHT, WARD, and SIMMONS over there. The team just cant see ORONDE GADSDEN as a a full-time slot guy. He does not have the speed...he will play on the outside....and will be once again used by NORV exclisively in short, Goal line....alley-oop type of plays.

As far as Ricky not signing any Saints stuff, I believe that I read somewhere that he got rid of all his Saints gear once he officially became a 'Fin. I think he just wants to sever all ties with N.O. and have a completely fresh start with the 'Fins. He'll be fun to watch. :D

Re: codename47............

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

Are you a Saints fan?

Guilty as charged!! :D

Not only that, but I also live in DC, and am also very familiar with Norv. So I kinda will be following the Dolphins this season.

RW had 60 rec for 511 yards last year and at LB size, s/b a good blocker. AFAIC let RW dis anyone w/Saints stuff. He IS a Fin now. I am loving this guy already.

RW should buy Travis Minor dinner for 6 (34-28) at Shula's steakhouse, that s/b about $1K for his #. :goof: ;)

Back
Top Bottom