Ricky Let All Retailers Around The World Down Also... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Let All Retailers Around The World Down Also...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello to all the depressed fans, and that includes me. I spent the day at the DOlphin Mall today, talking to hords of angry fans, as they saw just how much Ricky Williams apparrel and merchandise was scattered on a front table---with a clear markdown sign that read...."Good Riddance to RICKY"...All his namesake merchandise is currently 25% off, and this is going to be a continuing saga if this holds true, as all retailers are stuck with losses in Ricky sportswear, memorabilia, and novelties that are going to reach perhaps an unorecedented level of pure profit losses for any athlete in any recent memory. I actually talked to the manager of the Dolphins training camp pro shop today---and all he was fielding today....was calls from fans, wanting to return their RW merchandise back to the camp store...and like I heard today...its going to be a continuous cry for refunds or store credit---because there is absolutely no way that any real fan is going to take a #34 DOlphins jersey out of their closets and wear it proudly, much less wear it at DOlphin home games. I am not sure right now that we can even give away Ricky Williams jerseys... as much as the fans down here went bonkers of SHAQ and wanted to scoop up everything that they can get there hands on...this is just the opposite. I mean this is incredible....in 2 weeks...South Florida has had such a high and such a low...I cant remember a time since I havebeen down here...where there has been such a buzz from two different athletes---one coming and then one going. But Heat basketball does take a vacation now...and next week...the circus tents will be set up at Dolphin training camp....as the media waits for that little volkswagon to come up...and the start of 2 a days officially begin....as out of the car...here comes Dave and Rick...and then here are the Running backs...out comes LEONARD HENRY, TRAVIS MINOR, FREDDIE RUSSELL, and SAMMY MORRIS. The Ringling circus music is playing now....and the clowns are the ones that are applauding... Thanks alot Ricky...good riddance I say. You quit on your team...and the fans...and the merchandisers who depended on you. You may have turned your former team into Barnum and Bailey officially now....but you are the real BOZO that all of us will remember you as now. Its no laughing matter...but your merchandise may be just how you may like it.... they are going alright... "UP IN SMOKE"...

I have FIVE FREAKING Ricky Williams Jerseys!!!!!! And today I retired them into the back of the closet! I once wore them proudly, but can't any longer. Tell me D, what's the date for when the newest line of jerseys come out?

Ricky's retirement: The Gift that Keeps on Giving :mad:

It was obvious to me that Ricky lacked heart for the game in the sense of Miami actually winning a game. It hit me in the Miami-Vikings game in 2002 when Ricky just sat on the bench chilling while he was dominated.

I'm not surprised. He just got tired of the beat downs. All defenders have been trying to take out his knees ever since the amazing 2002 season. He leaves before he has to be wheel chaired around the world to travel.

I understand his decision. The same way I understand Robert Smith retiring.

this thread touches on a great point. This is a very, very expensive and fiscally poor decision by Ricky. That is why there were other threads earlier today about Ricky being sued. He may find himself in very deep liability suits in the near future. He needs to put down the bong for a minute.

I work for a sporting goods store and we found a good use for the Ricky Williams jerseys..we needed more toilet paper in the restrooms and the #34 jerseys are surprisingly effective. :p

I havent posted about Ricky all day. Words cannot describe what i felt all day and the countless days ahead. It's a horrible day for any Dolphins fan and if you feel the same way I do you are very pissed off right now. I will talk about the main point of this topic now:Merchandice. I didn't buy a Ricky jersey because I am a huge Chambers fan. I didn't see the point in buying two jerseys when I already have my favorite players. But for everyone that bought Ricky's stuff for themselves or their kids i feel very pissed off for you. You just dont leave your team in the middle of the season, it just aint right. No real man does that to teamates, fans, community, the league, or the front office. I wasnt home last night so I had no idea about this till this morning i showed up at a softball game with some friends. I get out of my car and a friend says so what do you think about Travis Minor. I didnt no what to think at that point. I thought maybe Ricky failed another drug test and got suspended for the year. But then he told me that Ricky had retired. I didnt believe him so i went to my other friends who had just came into the parking lot. They came outta their car laughing and i knew something was totally wrong and they all said he retired. I still didnt believe it cuz they like to joke around and all that stuff becuase they know im a huge fin fan. But then i asked one of my friends dad and he said they were telling the truth. Right then my jaw just driopped and i ran to my car and turned on ESPN Radio. The first words I hear are Rickys decision to retire and i turned the radio off and sat there. Just very confussed, frustrated, pissed off. They all came back by me to give me some more crap so I just had to take it but they later said they couldnt believe it either and felt horrible for me and other fin fans. But its time for fin fans to keep positive and look ahead. I was happy to hear what Seth McKinney said on ESPN. He basically spoke for every dolphins fan when he called Ricky a quitter. I understand that it is HIS life. But if your only thinking about yourself and dont realize everyone who he affected, he must be a horrible person who is just very self centered. And to end this, GLADSADMAD, your picture and your opinion underneath it spoke for me and all other fin fans today. I couldnt of said it better myself. Its amazing how many people he dissapointed and let down.

DCH: How can you possibly think about your profit margin on a day like today? ;)

True, DCH, this type of thing has far reaching implications

I just boguht his authentic jersey last year. I bought tht thing thinking it was a good investment, as its not going to get worn out, and he should b around for 3 more years at minumum....didnt quite work out tho:(

<--------- glad he chose a cc jersey instead of a ricky jersey

I understand everyone pain, I feel it also, but you know what I paid 65.00 for that damn jersey, I will wear to the 34 falls off, I'm Dolphin fan, I wore Karim Abduls-Jabbar jersey long after he left same with Brian Cox. Too much damn money for it to set in the back of closet. Of course when I wear it people are going to ask why, I will tell them I die hard fan and this jersey cost too much money for me not to wear it.

You can bet your a$$ my next jersey will have MY name across the back....

I found out from a fellow Dolphan yesterday

...at a British American Football game glad in the end I was wearing a Chambers shirt rather than either of my Williams shirts. man that woul;d have been embarrassing.

I couldn't believe him and thought he'd been the victim of a prank until I got home and checked on the net. I'm still in shock. I'll only be able to wear those shirts for cleaning the car and other household chores now!

Back
Top Bottom