Ricky loves to play full-contract, huh? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky loves to play full-contract, huh?

FinaticalOne said:
The agent is just doing his due dilligence. According to the language in Ricky's contract, he is slated to make $540,000 a year becasue he breached his new contract that the Dolphins gave him. The agent wouldn't be doing his job if he just accepted what the Fins is going to give his client. It's his job to find a loop hole in the contract that can result in getting more money for his clients. If he doesn't do that, than he will looked at by other athletes as a push over. Why do you think Drew Rosenhaus has so many clients? Because he knows how to get money out of organizations. The fans shouldn't be worried about what the media is writing, they are making a mountain out of a ant hill to sell some papers. The Dolphin Brass has all the leverage right now becasue the courts ruled in their favor, awarding them $8 millions because they said Ricky "breached" his contract. The language in the contract said, if for any reason Ricky breaches his contract, it will revert back to New Orleans old contract (vet minimum) if he wants to return.

I do not know how iron-clad the Dolphins contract is, but it seems to be in their favor and the media is trying to cause anxiety among the fans to sell a few more newspapers or receive a few more hits to their sites.

THANK YOU. Well put.

General Grimmac said:
agree on the hosenhaus thing... but say they play ricky for the 3 million dollar contract, but they actually pay him say, 1 million, like he's paying back that 2+ million?

I don't think it works that way. I've been trying to watch this issue closely and from what I learned; if Ricky comes back and signs with the Fins, the $8.6 million that he owes is wiped off the books. He is back employed by the Fins and he no longer owes that money. I could be wrong about this, but that is what I heard so far.

Back
Top Bottom