Ricky on Inside the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky on Inside the NFL

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
Chris Carter interviewed Ricky Williams this week on Inside the NFL. He came off very likeable. Ricky showed himself to be intelligent, introspective and really seems to have the right attitude and be mature enough to learn from his mistakes. I was hoping he would mention his website, but he didn't...

Ricky told Chris that if he'd been today's Ricky Williams back the first year after Ditka drafted him, that Ditka would still have his job...

Ricky also talked about the first time he met with Haslett... He said that he was excited to meet the new coach but all that was ruined when Haslett told him that he had heard Ricky was a Premadonna(<-sp) and getting special treatment from ricky.

Ricky went on to tell Chris Carter that Haslett would act surprised when Ricky had a good practice, like Haslett forgot how good he was and the Ricky paused and said "I guess alot of people forgot how good I was..."

Also, when asked if Saints fans should feel cheated because they never got to see the real Ricky Williams. He responded with a grin and said "They will get to see the real Ricky Williams, he'll just be wearing a Dolphins uniform..."

On another note...
Watching the "Highlights" of the Jets-Patriots game (for Jets fans thats a contradiction in terms) was really enjoyable...

I particulary enojoyed watching Vinny pass get Picked off in the 4th qtr and returned for a TD by a guy the Jets cut last year! What a bitter pill to swallow for Jets fans. To have to watch someone they cut last year running down the sidelines carrying the Jets last chance at salvaging any kind of dignity from a horrendous game into their own endzone... Wow, ya know its the little things in life that make it worth living... what a satisfying moment in football history.

Next week it will be the Fins turn to make the Jets pay, and 8 games of frustration is gonna be one hell of a tab to pick up...

Originally posted by 13isgr81

I particulary enojoyed watching Vinny pass get Picked off in the 4th qtr and returned for a TD by a guy the Jets cut last year!

Yeah. Playmakers like that dont fit into Herm's system.

I'm just wondering how a big tackler like Sam Garnes fits into a cover-two system. You would think that with a cover two and some suspect corners, you would want some safeties whose specialties are covering, not tackling.

But then again, the Jets play more Cover Three than they do Cover Two.

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Chris Carter interviewed Ricky Williams this week on Inside the NFL. He came off very likeable. Ricky showed himself to be intelligent, introspective and really seems to have the right attitude and be mature enough to learn from his mistakes. I was hoping he would mention his website, but he didn't...

Ricky told Chris that if he'd been today's Ricky Williams back the first year after Ditka drafted him, that Ditka would still have his job...

Ricky also talked about the first time he met with Haslett... He said that he was excited to meet the new coach but all that was ruined when Haslett told him that he had heard Ricky was a Premadonna(<-sp) and getting special treatment from ricky.

Ricky went on to tell Chris Carter that Haslett would act surprised when Ricky had a good practice, like Haslett forgot how good he was and the Ricky paused and said "I guess alot of people forgot how good I was..."

Also, when asked if Saints fans should feel cheated because they never got to see the real Ricky Williams. He responded with a grin and said "They will get to see the real Ricky Williams, he'll just be wearing a Dolphins uniform..."

On another note...
Watching the "Highlights" of the Jets-Patriots game (for Jets fans thats a contradiction in terms) was really enjoyable...

I particulary enojoyed watching Vinny pass get Picked off in the 4th qtr and returned for a TD by a guy the Jets cut last year! What a bitter pill to swallow for Jets fans. To have to watch someone they cut last year running down the sidelines carrying the Jets last chance at salvaging any kind of dignity from a horrendous game into their own endzone... Wow, ya know its the little things in life that make it worth living... what a satisfying moment in football history.

Next week it will be the Fins turn to make the Jets pay, and 8 games of frustration is gonna be one hell of a tab to pick up...

Yes the highlights I to have enjoyed watching them to, thanks for the memories Dolphins ,for a reel of highlights from the last four years, the best highlight is seeing Jason Taylor crying like a little girl "THERE'S NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL" So DOLPFAN keep your comments to yourself when it come to highlights.. ;)

SEE YOU ON THE 22ND OF SEPT....:cool:

Uhhh Hello...?!?! The whole idea of a message board is to NOT keep your comments to yourself... Sounds to me like you saw that play and it affected you personally in the way I was talking about... get used to it, come sunday its only gonna get worse...

I mean do you really think that Dungy's disciple can keep Norv's offense down with the kind of weapons the fins bring to the table? If so then I think you've been spending too much time haning out with these Mets players. (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-newsdaymets091902(0,1874108).story?coll=sfla-sports-front )...

Anyway like I said, the Fins have a lot of making up to do.

They will get to see the real Ricky Williams, he'll just be wearing a Dolphins uniform..."

What a great line.

Im convinced Ricky going to be MVP this year and Superbowl MVP.

Keeping with the Former Jets coming back to bite them in the ass theme. I would love to see Dedric Ward burn his old team for a td. I also wouldn't mind to see Lucas in the game at sometime somehow, maybe if the game gets out of hand we could send him in to mop up and maybe add some more sadness for the Jets.

:monkey:Jets

Dicka wouldn't have his job.....he was convinced that all he needed was an O-Line and a runningback......thought he could throw in BJ Tolliver/Hobert as QBs.....he was wrong and it cost him his job.....again. His handling of QBs is what cost him his job in Chicago, IMO.

You guys are still hanging around just looking for chances to take shots at Ricky. What a shame. You have a quality team this year and you prefer to stay on another teams board and post meaningless crap about the big fish that got away. I notice HBO didn't call you for your rebuttal of Rickys comments. Enjoy your season and quit walking around with a chip on your shoulder. The team is looking really good.(Saints my #2 team)

Back
Top Bottom