Ricky on Rome is burning | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky on Rome is burning

Thus proving that Rome is less then your average interviewer and that he requires the usage of stage pranks and forces/creates controversy to enlist viewers. AS you can see clearly, every one still remembers the "Chris" episode. But what since then? Not to much. Poor man has simply failed in his chosen profession and has the inability to realize it. I pity him, I really do.

That was 9 years ago. Rome is still going strong on the radio and has a show on ESPN. I wouldn't necessarily call that 'failure'. I think he's a very good interviewer now. And many of his verbal editorials are well thought out and strong.

I did like what Ricky said about Jay though. Awesome to hear that at least one member of the team stands behind Wanny and Fiedler...

So what happened on Rome with Ricky?

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Rome kept calling Ricky "Venus", and finally, Ricky got up and punched the mother****er out. I think he broke his jaw. Rome was bleeding BAD.

You shoulda seen it.
:spit:

Perosnally, I think the Rome-Everett thing was planned. I remember when espn2 debuted and Rome's show was one of the first things on it. Well, the story goes that Rome's ratings were terrible and that they used this as a way to create buzz around it. I remember them breaking into regular ESPN to bring this breaking news and flashed it on the screen all day and all week long. Everett apologized almost immediately following the incident and nothing ever came from it (i.e. lawsuits, criminal charges etc.). Like someone else said, it pretty much made Jim Rome's name a household one within the sports community. Too me, I say it was rigged.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
So uhh, did anyone see it?

I saw it. Rome asked RW about the Dec. meltdown. RW said that its b/c everybody keeps taking about it (it gets in your head)and that some guys were blaming it on a tough TC.

Rome asked if the team believed JF was the QB to lead them. RW said the team knows JF comes through at crunch time. Also that BG would only play if JF was injured.

Rome asked him if he would rather run over someone or around them. RW said it depended on the guy. If the guy had a big rep then RW would want to run him over. If the guy had no rep he would rather run around him to save the hits.

There were also some questions about his anxiety disorder.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Rome kept calling Ricky "Venus", and finally, Ricky got up and punched the mother****er out. I think he broke his jaw. Rome was bleeding BAD.

You shoulda seen it.

:lol: It looked like this....

HAH! That Jim thing was great.

And of course, I missed Ricky.

*sigh* I'm sure I can find a video clip somewhere.

I brought them back from 'Nam.

Back
Top Bottom