Ricky Phins '05 MVP | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Phins '05 MVP

HOW ABOUT...Now that Ricky is waaay lighter, waaay weaker, and has not taken a good hit for more over a year now, he comes into training camp....THey put on the pads, and in the hall of fame game against Chicago, gets pounded REDICULOUSLY on his 1st couple carries for a total of 2 yards. And next game against the Jags..same thing. He is INEFFECTIVE. HOw's that for a comeback? That punk is not the same DEMON we had here the 2 previous years.

Come on guys!!! We just had a Bills fan post an intelligent thread based on some real objective observations and all you idots can come up with is: "uhh what?", "Pothead Ricky!" "oh but that wasn't his intention". Are you guys all 14 year olds or are you just that ignorant! This guy who isn't even a dolphin fan has posted a more objective & intelligent thread than 90% of the idiots who have commented on this situation. He even gave us some props for the dramtic turn around that has occurred in the past eight months. There really needs to be an intelligence filter on this site, if all you guys want to do is make dumb*ss comments go find a IM chat room or something and leave this place open to well informed football fans!!! :shakeno:

BringBackShula said:
HOW ABOUT...Now that Ricky is waaay lighter, waaay weaker, and has not taken a good hit for more over a year now, he comes into training camp....THey put on the pads, and in the hall of fame game against Chicago, gets pounded REDICULOUSLY on his 1st couple carries for a total of 2 yards. And next game against the Jags..same thing. He is INEFFECTIVE. HOw's that for a comeback? That punk is not the same DEMON we had here the 2 previous years.

He's still the same guy who won the Heisman trophy, and rushed for 1853 yards. If Ricky gets his playing weight up i could see him rushing for 1100-1250 yards ( Taking the suspension in account ). You might not like the guy, but you can't doubt his physical ability.

pwn3dyo said:
He's still the same guy who won the Heisman trophy, and rushed for 1853 yards. If Ricky gets his playing weight up i could see him rushing for 1100-1250 yards ( Taking the suspension in account ). You might not like the guy, but you can't doubt his physical ability.

1st of all..I have NOTHING against the guy. YEa, he quit like a b1+ch, but I don't hold grudges like that. You don't work out...YOu lose weight....You smoke maaad weed (i don't care if they say he "just quit"-I smoke weed and I know he still be smoking)...you hippie it out (mentally)...He's gonna come back, get hit by men, get injured, on top of the fact that he won't be effective.

Good point...Good post. I agree with a Bills fan, (the end is near, the end is near)

Wanny would have been gone with anything less than deep into the playoffs! That was the first step of the overhaul.

BringBackShula said:
Dude you are a spitefull, bitter, idot. GROW UP, MOVE ON, GET OVER IT!!! Its a real good possibility that Ricky will easily put 20 pounds back on and be faster than he was 2 years ago. he decision to leave the team last season (although it sucked at the time) has turned into the catalyst for the "Extreme Team Makeover" that has taken place the past eight months. And having him in the backfield with Ronnie could easily make ours the most feared running game in the leauge. You should be grateful!!!!!!

JJT said:
Dude you are a spitefull, bitter, idot. GROW UP, MOVE ON, GET OVER IT!!! Its a real good possibility that Ricky will easily put 20 pounds back on and be faster than he was 2 years ago. he decision to leave the team last season (although it sucked at the time) has turned into the catalyst for the "Extreme Team Makeover" that has taken place the past eight months. And having him in the backfield with Ronnie could easily make ours the most feared running game in the leauge. You should be grateful!!!!!!

LIsten, you blind, scumbag, homer PUNK, You didn't have to make it personal, but hey...the choice was yours. I'm glad you FINALLY decided to become a MIAMI DOLPHINS fan and tried to have an opinion here on FinHeaven, You bandwagon jumping Ungrateful..Just because I personally don't think RIcky will be the same after more than a year hiatus and you disagree, you think your allowed to come on here trying people and acting like what you say is fact? How old are you, 18? Little PUNK. Go to a few games and watch for a few more years before you start trying to stick out your chest so much you little school girl. :www:

What you call being a "homer" is what I would call being an optimistic "real" Miami dolphins fan, "Bring back shula"! The fact that you were so defensive just proves that you agree with what I said on some level, even if you can't admit it to yourself . And, I don't need to watch more football Son, I played College football At U of Toledo right after Nick Saban left for Michigan State. I doubt you have ever had the intelligence or the physical ability to judge what it takes an athlete to prepare themselves for the NFL. What Ricky has doesn't fade away that fast, certainly not because he has lost a few pounds. I do apologize for for the insults, i just get real fed up with individuals making comments who have spent years talking sh*t in chat rooms but haven't even smelled the playing field. We are suppossed to be on the same team here. If you don't like any of our players on a personal level thats fine, but nobody and I mean nobody posting on this site has the credibilty to doubt thier physical ability.

juice32 said:
Ricky may have been the Phin's '05 MVP - by removing himself as the Wanny/Speilman crutch. As long as RW was there to Tote the Rock 30x/GM the Phins were gonna be just good enough to keep the Wanny/Speilman staff in place but not good enough to make that leap to the next level as a contender in the AFC or even take a shot at the AFC-E champion Pats.

Meanwhile while Wanny jerked around and allowed the Defense to age without making a solid SB run the rest of the East was given a chance to catch up talent-wise. The Bills and Jets have put together pretty solid defensive units with talent and youth while on offense the NY teams have settled in on their QBs of the future while Speilman and Wanny tried to sell the Feeley deal to MIA fans.

Feeley may turn out to be a good QB for the Phins but that remains to be seen, and there's one former Dreadhead that wasn't sold on the Idea which directly led to the premature retirement of what might be the most talented RB in Dolphin history.

Ricky effectively got rid of the Phin GM and Coach that allowed the rest of the AFC-East to stockpile talent on both sides of the ball and surpass the Dolphin Talent Pool while reloading with more youth at skill positions.

Alot of Phin fans were down on Ricky for bailing out on the team, but he may have saved the organization from being mediocre for years to come and now MIA has a Coach with vision as well as youth in it's backfield that once relied totally on the legs of the Workhorse Ricky.:goof:
If he has given this organisation a new life allbeit a new head coach and new youth coming in but it wasnt intentional on Ricky's behalf. Its called a positive reaction to a negative action. I dont think you will get many on here singing Ricky's praises. Only way he can make it up is to get his butt on the field and give something back to all the Fins fans he let down last season. Nuff said.

JJT said:
What you call being a "homer" is what I would call being an optimistic "real" Miami dolphins fan, "Bring back shula"! The fact that you were so defensive just proves that you agree with what I said on some level, even if you can't admit it to yourself . And, I don't need to watch more football Son, I played College football At U of Toledo right after Nick Saban left for Michigan State. I doubt you have ever had the intelligence or the physical ability to judge what it takes an athlete to prepare themselves for the NFL. What Ricky has doesn't fade away that fast, certainly not because he has lost a few pounds. I do apologize for for the insults, i just get real fed up with individuals making comments who have spent years talking sh*t in chat rooms but haven't even smelled the playing field. We are suppossed to be on the same team here. If you don't like any of our players on a personal level thats fine, but nobody and I mean nobody posting on this site has the credibilty to doubt thier physical ability.
It's what this year off has done to his head that concerns me. I just don't see his yoga instructors instilling a "killer instinct" or his aruvedic medicine instructor screaming " not in our house!!!"

juice32 said:
Ricky may have been the Phin's '05 MVP - by removing himself as the Wanny/Speilman crutch. As long as RW was there to Tote the Rock 30x/GM the Phins were gonna be just good enough to keep the Wanny/Speilman staff in place but not good enough to make that leap to the next level as a contender in the AFC or even take a shot at the AFC-E champion Pats.

Meanwhile while Wanny jerked around and allowed the Defense to age without making a solid SB run the rest of the East was given a chance to catch up talent-wise. The Bills and Jets have put together pretty solid defensive units with talent and youth while on offense the NY teams have settled in on their QBs of the future while Speilman and Wanny tried to sell the Feeley deal to MIA fans.

Feeley may turn out to be a good QB for the Phins but that remains to be seen, and there's one former Dreadhead that wasn't sold on the Idea which directly led to the premature retirement of what might be the most talented RB in Dolphin history.

Ricky effectively got rid of the Phin GM and Coach that allowed the rest of the AFC-East to stockpile talent on both sides of the ball and surpass the Dolphin Talent Pool while reloading with more youth at skill positions.

Alot of Phin fans were down on Ricky for bailing out on the team, but he may have saved the organization from being mediocre for years to come and now MIA has a Coach with vision as well as youth in it's backfield that once relied totally on the legs of the Workhorse Ricky.:goof:

Soooo.....PJ has exactly five snaps to his name in the pros and he's your future and there are no questions about him, but AJ has yet to prove anything? Are you really a football fan, or is line dancing more your speed????? We had no run defense and no O to help the D, but finished 8th in the league on D and we are some how falling behind the great and powerful NY dynasty's????? I'll agree Ricky quitting help set the wheels in motion with DW, but he was a goner regurdless of Ricky's choices. I also believe had Ricky not quit, the fins would have finished better then the Bills last year. Just to refresh your memory we were considered SB contenders before Ricky quit and DB blew out his knee, were the Bill's??? Are the Bill's favored this year with PJ the wonderboy??? No and No!!! For some reason every time you write something it's showing the weaker side of the Fins but never a bad word about the jilly's, hmmmmmm.....I wonder why.

Noodle Arm said:
Most Valuable Pothead

It took me 3 seconds to come up with that fresh and original response :lol:

:lol: No doubt in my mind he'll win that award. As for the most valuable player, no way.

feelthepain said:
Soooo.....PJ has exactly five snaps to his name in the pros and he's your future and there are no questions about him, but AJ has yet to prove anything? Are you really a football fan, or is line dancing more your speed????? We had no run defense and no O to help the D, but finished 8th in the league on D and we are some how falling behind the great and powerful NY dynasty's????? I'll agree Ricky quitting help set the wheels in motion with DW, but he was a goner regurdless of Ricky's choices. I also believe had Ricky not quit, the fins would have finished better then the Bills last year. Just to refresh your memory we were considered SB contenders before Ricky quit and DB blew out his knee, were the Bill's??? Are the Bill's favored this year with PJ the wonderboy??? No and No!!! For some reason every time you write something it's showing the weaker side of the Fins but never a bad word about the jilly's, hmmmmmm.....I wonder why.
MIA may have been favored to win a Wildcard out of the East but it's tough to be a true SB contender when your not even favored to win your division..The Phins had too many O-Line issues to be considered a true SB threat even with Ricky in the backfield, there were still major questions with Feeley at QB and Boston as the primary recieving threat. Since Boston turned himself into the Incredible Hulk he hasn't been the playmaker he once was and that stands true going into this upcoming season as well.

There is no question that the Fin defense has talent but it isn't the dominant unit it was just a couple of years ago when they were at the top of their game.

Loses on the DL (Bowens, Bowens, Ogun and Chester) has left the unit a shell of it's former self. LBers that are a few years past their prime (JR, Zack) and the loss of Surtain and now Poole, that Defensive unit that ranked 8th last year may be the least effective unit in the AFC-East this coming year. That is the effect that the Wanny/Speilman years had without a run deep into the Playoffs.

Saban may be JT's and Zacks last chance at the big Dance and with the addition of R. Brown jining McMichael and Chambers and now R. Williams possibly returning offensively, the city of MIA has reason to be excited once again in their offense and a defensive unit that was once getting older may be rejuvenated.

Phin fans can thank Sticky Ricky for getting rid of the dead weight.:goodnight

Back
Top Bottom