Ricky Ray possible qb candidate? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Ray possible qb candidate?

KTownsDolphins

4 Handicap, trying to get to scratch
Reaction score
We all know many great things don't come from the CFL. But Flutie did and played well in Buffalo. Till they decided to go with Rob Johnson what a joke that was. Jeff Garcia plays 49ers and if anybody saw his play like on Sunday knows he can get it done.

and how could we forget Warren Moon. He was awesome.

Now I got a chance to see Garcia up here in Canada when he played for Calgary and I also saw Ricky Ray play against us.

And Ricky Ray looked better then Garcia ever did in the CFL.

Ricky Ray can get it done especially at the age of 24, he Had a QB rating of 108.1. He had a 65% completion rate, over 4500 yards passing with 35 TD's and ran for over 500 yards including 2TD's.

His playoff performance was even better. had a completion rate of over 70% threw for 5tds and no ints and had a qb rating at 115.

Now I know its the CFL and nowhere near as good as the NFL. But hell when a guy is 24 and so young yet gifted. He deserves at least a tryout and at worse as a backup QB.

Don't forget coming from the CFL to the NFL he'd be cheap the average pay salary in the CFL i believe is around 50,000.

sounds ok to me. I'm for giving him a shot at least, but we STILL need to draft a young QB. What's the news on Bouman? I know he was an FA last year, and got signed, but I heard he might get relased? Or was I just dreamin? hTat guy deserves a chance, had Minnesota not just drafted Culpepper, he would have retained the starting job after Culpepper got better. He kicked real butt.

Originally posted by JAGFISH
Bouman just re-signed a 3 yr deal w/ the saints.

darn, I want that guy to get a shot, really respect his playing ability.

Ricky's stats sure look impressive. I don't know anything about his team. He might have the best Wrs and RB in the game playing with him. I would also be interested in what offense he plays in. Regaurdless his numbers are great and he does have NFL size at 6'3''. He was free to sign as of Nov 25th, so the lack of action makes me think the NFL has some reservations about this guy. I guess we will see when the season is over if there is a rush to get this guy, since by signing him now you would have to put a guy that doesn't know your system on your active roster.

Originally posted by Dajesus
Ricky's stats sure look impressive. I don't know anything about his team. He might have the best Wrs and RB in the game playing with him. I would also be interested in what offense he plays in. Regaurdless his numbers are great and he does have NFL size at 6'3''. He was free to sign as of Nov 25th, so the lack of action makes me think the NFL has some reservations about this guy. I guess we will see when the season is over if there is a rush to get this guy, since by signing him now you would have to put a guy that doesn't know your system on your active roster.

yeah, but if we stick with Brian or Jay we will pay out the butt, and have non-productive QB's. i'm all for signing this guy, sage, and trading up for Eli, and letting them compete for the job....psh, won't happen.

NO qb manning or otherwise will be able to step in and play next year. Additionally we have almost no shot at a top 1-3 QB. Too many teams with weaker records need QBs. I like the idea of taking lineman or a WR IF one become available. Preferable we pick up bruce, an o lineman in FA and some O line in the draft.

Originally posted by KTownsDolphins
We all know many great things don't come from the CFL. But Flutie did and played well in Buffalo. Till they decided to go with Rob Johnson what a joke that was. Jeff Garcia plays 49ers and if anybody saw his play like on Sunday knows he can get it done.

and how could we forget Warren Moon. He was awesome.

Now I got a chance to see Garcia up here in Canada when he played for Calgary and I also saw Ricky Ray play against us.

And Ricky Ray looked better then Garcia ever did in the CFL.

Ricky Ray can get it done especially at the age of 24, he Had a QB rating of 108.1. He had a 65% completion rate, over 4500 yards passing with 35 TD's and ran for over 500 yards including 2TD's.

His playoff performance was even better. had a completion rate of over 70% threw for 5tds and no ints and had a qb rating at 115.

Now I know its the CFL and nowhere near as good as the NFL. But hell when a guy is 24 and so young yet gifted. He deserves at least a tryout and at worse as a backup QB.

Don't forget coming from the CFL to the NFL he'd be cheap the average pay salary in the CFL i believe is around 50,000.

Bring him into camp. "dont cost nothin."

they better hurry there are teams talking to him already some say he may never be better than a number 2 but hey you gotta overturn all stones

Back
Top Bottom