Ricky Ray was in Miami on Monday working out for the Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Ray was in Miami on Monday working out for the Fins

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
UPDATE! Ricky Ray was in Miami on Monday working out for the Fins

UPDATE: There was a story run in the Edmonton Sun thats sounds like Ricky Ray has Miami on top of his list Quotes by his agent "There's a lot of people talking but I haven't encouraged offers yet because I told them we weren't going to consider anything really seriously until Miami looked at him," Staninger said. "Miami is clearly an interesting situation," said Staninger. "I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out they're probably going to let Brian Griese go."

LINK FOR NEW ARTICLE

I also founf another article from Green Bay that indicates that the Packers arent so high on him so it looks like we may have the inside track to sign he if thats what Spielman wants to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickys agent said ''All I got for feedback was that Green Bay said he had a great visit and they'd get back to us the first of the week. Miami said he had a great workout and they'll be in touch.''

Linky

I honestly wouldn't mind heading into the season with Sage Rosenfels, Ricky Ray, and a first round rookie (Rivers) duking it out for the start.

If we got Henson I'd want to send him to NFL Europe to get back into a flow.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I honestly wouldn't mind heading into the season with Sage Rosenfels, Ricky Ray, and a first round rookie (Rivers) duking it out for the start.

Agreed, I think we could get throught season with them in fine shape.

I don't think we'd flat out embarrass ourselves and who knows one of these guys might turn out to be great.

Any of these three have a hundred times more talent.

I guess you don't think Carolina's decision with Delhomme was good.

LOL, any of the three has more talent?

Rivers is a rookie, All he has is potential. He starts, our O is worse than this year. Sage couldn't even crack the lineup and he stayed behind Jay and Brian no matter how badly they played. And the other dude is a small QB playing on a hugh field with different rules and quality players.

100 times more talent?

Ok, whatever...

Ya lovely. I guess you cannot predict anything. First of all are the phins going to give the chance to the youngster or the vet. mid-season?

I guess you have never heard of Jeff Garcia and Warren Moon.

Rivers has potential sure? But he is probably very close to either of those two pathetic QBs already.

Rosenfels wasn't given a CHANCE to "crack" the line-up. He was placed as the developing QB behind more experienced players.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Good call on Henson going to Europe, I was thinking the same thing. I just hope he wouldn't get hurt if we got him and he went over to Europe and played.

If we trade our 1st round pick or 3rd round pick for Henson...no way he goes to NFL Europe...the players you usually end up there are undrafted free agents...we won't take a chance on him getting injured!!!

Well one of the knocks on him I think was he's injury prone. If we send him to NFL Euro and he gets injured at least we know that was true.

If you lined up Rivers and Fiedler and gave them both a crack at the starting position I bet it would be pretty darn close...right in Rivers' first year. As for Sage he's had 2 years in Norv's system and now Collier will be working with the same basic system. He's had enough time now to where he can at the very least be a "system quarterback" which ain't that bad...Fiedler never even produced like a "system quarterback"

As for Ricky Ray I have no hopes of him winning the starting job but heck ya never know. Garcia, Moon, and Flutie did all come over from the CFL.

Originally posted by Ross
"Sage Rosenfels, Ricky Ray, and a first round rookie (Rivers) duking it out for the start."

Jesus, I'd take Brian and Jay over that combo...

--Ross

Well, you can hace brian and Jay. We'll take those "three" that's left !! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom