Ricky salary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky salary

dolfan2010

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I bet he takes the league min.salary!!!! and by doing so the team will forget about the money owed to them by ricky(some 8 million dollars i think it was)!!! I look for somthing to be done similar to this...not sure on yrs but the salary should be league min. Ricky will benifit by having the dollars owed dropped and we will benifit by the low salary!!!

dolfan2010 said:
I bet he takes the league min.salary!!!! and by doing so the team will forget about the money owed to them by ricky(some 8 million dollars i think it was)!!! I look for somthing to be done similar to this...not sure on yrs but the salary should be league min. Ricky will benifit by having the dollars owed dropped and we will benifit by the low salary!!!
He won't take league min. He also won't get the amount he was supposed too for the 2005 season. I see the two sides meeting somewhere in the middle around $1.5 million.

Nublar7 said:
He won't take league min. He also won't get the amount he was supposed too for the 2005 season. I see the two sides meeting somewhere in the middle around $1.5 million.

I also see the Dolphins adding plenty of protection clauses that Ricky re dedicate himself to Football 100% and if he quits again he loses everything.

F150&Dolfan said:
I also see the Dolphins adding plenty of protection clauses that Ricky re dedicate himself to Football 100% and if he quits again he loses everything.

I agree with you 100%

death7star said:
his base salaries for the 05, 06, 07 are around 3.5 million bucks.

Maybe. But according to the language of the contract, the same breach that caused him to owe the Dolphins 8.6 million dollars also may have reverted his salary back to the veteran league minimum. Im not saying the Phins will enforce that clause, but they can if they want to.

Ricky needs to take what we can get. We are doing him a favor by letting him come back to this team. If he wants to get payed, he should play well enought to earn his money back.

I think its going to an arbitrator...No way the Fins could even afford his "scheduled" salary without some trimming or restructuring and no way is Ricky gonna play for the minimum...judgement or no judgement. Actually, Ricky may be in the driver's seat here....no pun intended....

Scenario 1: If the Fins don't budge, he holds out...files for bankruptcy and voids both the judgement and his current contract making him a free agent (would probably cost him another year in the league though).

Scenario 2: If an arbitrator rules that Ricky is owed his scheduled salary, the Fins would most likely, IMO, cut him because of the salary cap ramifications...free agent again. Judgement is still there but I think Ricky would file for the bankruptcy in this case as well.

Scenario 3: If an arbitrator rules in Miami's favor for the league minimum, I think Ricky holds out and scenario 1 that I mentioned plays out.

I just hope they can resolve this to the point that both parties are happy and the judgement gets thrown out of the window after a season or two.

Back
Top Bottom