Ricky vs. Ronnie??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky vs. Ronnie???

atrain4x4

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If Ricky comes back with the team, will he be our starting RB or will we platoon he and Ronnie...it will be tough to keep both of these guys off the field. I hope Nick can put a little trickery into the offense utilizing these two great talents!!!

What do ya think?

We first need to know what type of shape Ricky is in. If he weighs 195 like some newspapers say then I don't see him being really effect with his running style.

Well I'm not going to bash (though be prepared, when you start a thread mentioning Ricky)... but I'm all hoping that both Ronnie and Ricky are utlized into our offense as well. Ronnie Brown will be our starter the first 4 games of the season no doubt because Ricky will be serving a 4 game suspension. I think that might get Ronnie a new a slight advantage of learning and playing better in this new system... and I think we all know better than to count on Ricky Williams again so anything that he brings to the table is just an added bonus in my mind. I'm thinking and hoping that they'll both be sharing carries with Ronnie Brown getting a slight advantage. I don't expect it to be 50/50, maybe like 60/40 or 70/30 with Ronnie Brown having the advantage. Whoever produces more on the field is going to see more time on the field... Simple as that, whomever that may be.

Brown will be the starter, but Ricky will get his fair share of carries each game. If say we carry the ball about 30 times a game, I see Brown getting 20 carries and Ricky getting 10.

Brown will be the starter, I can see him getting 20-25 while Ricky gets 8-10 a game, assuming Linehan will run that many times.

gator_sensation said:
I don't see us running over 30 times a game! :lol:

That's why I said assuming Linehan runs it that many times, with the trio of WR's we have, we should pass it more than we run, especially with Ronnie's receiving ability.

I think that we will have Ronnie and Ricky both in the backfield at the sametime. Brown should be getting about 25 percent more carries then Ricky should get.

atrain4x4 said:
If Ricky comes back with the team, will he be our starting RB or will we platoon he and Ronnie...it will be tough to keep both of these guys off the field. I hope Nick can put a little trickery into the offense utilizing these two great talents!!!

What do ya think?

First off, RW will have to serve a 4 game susp. when he returns, so he'll not carry any the first four weeks. That will allow him more time to get into playing shape though...When he returns, I suspect that he'll be eased back into a rotation of sorts, but I also suspect that Linehan will have sets concocted that feature both RB and RW...Brown, in those cases, I would guess will be the FB and be used as a decoy for RW on runs and split out as a receiver...could really befuddle some defenses as to whether we are going to run with RW, run with RB or pass to RB or pass to one of the regular recievers....could be somewhat interesting...if RW does well, he may get more carries as the season winds on towards the end to keep RB legs fresher...any way we look at it, there will be lots of options, assuming that he does return and is back in quasi-playing shape by the time his susp. ends...

Ronnie Brown will end up playing different positions then Ricky. I dont know what the split at RB will be, but Ronnie Brown will end up playing FB, H-Back, and WR in addition to RB.

Back
Top Bottom