Ricky William retiring after this season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky William retiring after this season?

fins54

Scout Team
Reaction score
This may have already been posted somewhere. Apologizes if it has...

My question is...

I thought I had read recently on the forums here that Ricky was now considering playing for a couple of more years and then I saw this article.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:01 am EDT
Ricky Williams retiring?

By Mark J. Miller

Ricky Williams, Miami Dolphins running back may only be turning 33 years old next month but he's apparently thinking about retiring after the upcoming season, according to the New York Post.

"I've been seriously considering the upcoming season being my last season," Williams told the paper at the premiere of a new ESPN documentary that chronicles is rough childhood, massive marijuana consumption, and search for inner peace. "After everything I've been through, people still seem shocked that I'm ready to walk away because it's a good living monetarily."

This of course would be his second retirement. The first one came in 2004 after five years in the NFL when he said he wasn't enjoying it anymore.

***Edit*** I found this article from a few days ago, that says he is now reconsidering retiring??? Does he really know what he wants to do? Do you think he just said that because the coach and GM were there?

Breaking News
Ricky Williams is "Reconsidering" Retiring After 2010 Season
By Michael J. Mooney, Tuesday, Apr. 27 2010 @ 12:37PM

​At last night's South Florida premiere of his new documentary, Run Ricky Run, the Dolphins running back told a crowd of family, friends, fans, teammates, and coaches that he is "reconsidering" his decision to retire at the end of the 2010 season.

"My coach and general manager are here, so I can't really say," Williams told the audience in a brief question and answer session after the screening, "but I'm definitely reconsidering."

Back
Top Bottom