Ricky Williams and Jay Ajayi comparison | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams and Jay Ajayi comparison

Good bump on this one! Still not as quick as Ricky, but damn I have been seeing the comparisons now!

They DO have a lot in common. They both played for Miami, and they both ran for 200+ years in consecutive games. Oh..and they both have dreads. Ajayi isn't as elusive as Ricky, but Ricky didn't get the holes that this O-Line is opening for Ajayi. Ricky was able to get most of his yards bouncing his runs outside. Ajayi did that a couple times in the last 2 games, but most of his yards have come up-the-gut. I would say Ajayi is more Lamar Smith then Ricky Williams.

Much much much props to Jay. But Ricky Williams he is not. They don't run with the same power, whoever said that is way off the mark. People were flat out afraid to take him head on bc they knew he would lower a shoulder in a heartbeat.

He completely put the Offense on his back and ran like a man possessed, but it's been 2 games so let's not label ourselves the teller of future just yet.

We don't need Ricky Williams.

We have a better qb than they did back then, we just need a damn good running back.

Im happy to eat crow about Ajayi if he keeps this up... But Ricky would have been a HOF if he hadnt retired...

His arms aren't as big as Ricky's so hopefully he won't fumble as much!

Everyone thought I was an idiot for posting this thread. If he continues to build on these past two games we will be a threat to all teams.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Damn I can predict the future.

:lol: Slow down, grasshopper.

Hes not as fast as ricky. That 50 yarder ajayi had from the two would of been a td with ricky.Ajayi is good but ricky takent wise in his prime might of been a top 5 rb ever

Last edited by a moderator:
No, he's really nothing like RW as far as comparable talents. RopeWeed had seemingly inhuman agility, vision and balance. I've never seen a player that size that could effortlessly change direction at near full speed.

Jay DOES have power and good balance though and "good enough" vision and acceleration to get see a hole and get through it quickly. He keeps churning those legs and pushing / leaning forward. Arm tackles aren't going to bring him down or slow up his momentum significantly.

Ricky was unique and made a poor o-line look elite. Plus his speed was top notch. Ajayi doesn't have near the same speed at proven by that 52yd'er that would've been a TD with Ricky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky won the Heisman trophy and NFL rushing titles.
He also had better speed and didnt get caught from behind.
Ajayi is proving to be a good back, but his career will not last because of his knees.
He is lightning in a bottle.
Having another complimentary back will extend his career.

Back
Top Bottom