Ricky Williams is only 59 yds off last years pace | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams is only 59 yds off last years pace

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ricky Williams is only 59 yds off of last years pace.

So we should cut he some slack. I believe that he
will be ahead of last years pace after tonight.

Say 100 yards or so...

I think he'll get close to 175 yards tonight!

Here are klast years Game by Game totals.
----------------------------------------------------------

+----------+-------------+--------+----+
| WK OPP | RSH YD | RECYD | TD |
| 1 det | 20 111 | 0 | 2 |
| 2 ind | 24 132 | 62 | 1 |
| 3 nyj | 24 151 | 23 | 1 |
| 4 kan | 14 66 | 60 | 1 |
| 5 nwe | 36 105 | 2 | 0 |
| 6 den | 20 49 | 30 | 2 |
| 7 buf | 25 97 | 22 | 0 |
| 9 gnb | 14 47 | 23 | 0 |
| 10 nyj | 20 53 | 36 | 0 |
| 11 bal | 26 102 | 28 | 2 |
| 12 sdg | 29 143 | 8 | 2 |
| 13 buf | 27 228 | 7 | 2 |
| 14 chi | 31 216 | 0 | 2 |
| 15 oak | 27 101 | 39 | 0 |
| 16 min | 15 67 | 16 | 0 |
| 17 nwe | 31 185 | 7 | 2 |
| TOTAL | 383 1853 | 363 | 17 |

Last edited by a moderator:
That's interesting to note. The only thing that worries me is that his YPC is way down from last year. But that's not really his fault, it's more the O-line and the fact that the passing game has been virtually non-existent.

But last year he was averaging 4.45 ypc at this point. This year it's a full yard less at 3.45. This shows that he's taking more of a pounding to get ALMOST as many yards. 23 carries per game at this point last year. 27 this year.

23 more carries total than last year. That's the equivalent of one game. So in that sense, Ricky has played an extra game compared to last year.

Also to note, Ricky had one less catch and 55 more yards receiving at this point last year.

Not saying he's regressed. Just that teams are focusing even more on him....and the rest of the offense is not picking up the slack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by DolphinzD
That's interesting to note. The only thing that worries me is that his YPC is way down from last year. But that's not really his fault, it's more the O-line and the fact that the passing game has been virtually non-existent.

I will be the first to tell you that our o-line is playing poorly

I think that some of RW's ypc is his fault.
He has been caught a couple of times, dancing in the backfield looking for a home run, instead of settling for the 2-3 yard gain.

It also seems easier to take him down in the open field than last year. That could be due to the weight he has lost.

Hopefully, he busts out tonight in prime time.

Ricky had a few monster games down the stretch last year, that broke him away from the pack for the rushing title... not to mention Priest Holmes getting injured toward the end of the season. but still i dont think of him as having had as good year yardage wise, so that is interesting. granted the YPC are not where they were last year, but if the passing game gets going that can change.

I think as the season wears on Ricky will start breaking big runs again. A physically beat up and tired defender wants nothing to do with Ricky.

Last year he had a lot of 2-3 yarders, but he had many long runs of 40+ yards that increased his average. We haven't seen that from him this year. But teams are more focus to stop him this year too. Right now he's the only constant threat we have.

Ricky will be better at the end of the season. Ricky has really been affected by our poor offensive line so far.

Back
Top Bottom