Ricky Williams last night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams last night

DolphinVJ

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ricky Williams did not have a good game last night. Did San Diego play 8 men in the box?

Also my take is before we say that Fiedler could have had similar success against a bad S.D. pass defense, keep in mind, at least statistically, he played worse defenses in N.E. (I do like their defense though), Houston and a comparable one in Jags and Giants were last coming into our game but we all know how Fiedler performed against them.

On the flip side Cleveland played against these Chargers last week at home and between Couch & Holcomb they were 24 of 44 for 192 yds and 2 tds and 2 INTs. I think Cleveland is a better passing team than us at least in terms of talent with their QBs and 3-4 quality WRs. So do not downplay Griese's performance.

I was at the game behind the endzone so it was easy for me to see that there was 8 men in the box most of the game.

Weel, that's the point. When eight are in the box, the corners are going to be single covering on the outside. The S has to play the middle of the field. That's why they had to play so far off the WR's, they had no help and were worried about the deep ball.

That allowed the QB to have open WR's and he hit them. Jay has had this oppurtunity as well, he just hasn't hit the WR's.

When eight are in the box, the corners are going to be single covering on the outside. The S has to play the middle of the field. That's why they had to play so far off the WR's, they had no help and were worried about the deep ball.

That's the old cat and mouse game - if they put 8 men in the box we are supposed to take advantage in the passing game which Griese did Monday night and Fiedler has failed to do most of this year.

That is the major difference between Griese and Fiedler right now.

Good point. We've been saying that since the beginning of the year and couldn't take advantage of it.

Now that we've done it we're saying that Fiedler could have done that. Griese took advantage of what was given to him and has thrown TDs to three different receivers, which hasn't been done since 2000 I think.

Even though it was against a bad D, it says something about any QB when he goes 20/29 in the NFL..plus... At least 4 dropped passes, and at least 1 that he just threw away. Receivers weren't used to the velocity as the ball got there before they were ready for it at times.

Back
Top Bottom