Ricky Williams seperated his shoulder! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams seperated his shoulder!

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
''I think I separated my shoulder,'' he says after rushing for 111 yards in Miami's 49-21 dismantling of Detroit on Sunday. ``It happened on one of the first plays. I couldn't lift my arm over my head after that. No big deal. I played all last year with a separated shoulder. I'll know when I wake up in the morning if it's separated again.''

That bad-ass mofo played the whole game with it!!! And still got stronger as the game went on....Grrrrr....ruff! ruff!...grrrrrrrr....

This isn't good, how common is it for running backs to seperate their shoulder? Also, won't defenders concentrate on his shoulder now? I don't like this at all and it's something the dolphins better take care of. If he needs to sit out 4-6 weeks then do it!

Obviously its an old injury, something he is use to playing with. I know a few people that have that problem, they just pop it back in and keep playing. But it is something to monitor. But I like he's toughness and willingness to play through it.

I'll take a doctor's opinion over his.....I don't remember him playing with that injury all last year.....Emmitt played one half with a sep shoulder against the giants a few years ago.....and people are still talking about it....i think he missed a couple games after that.

ricky..................

that explains why they didn't throw the ball to him. if he couldn't raise that arm over his head, you don't want to be zinging passes his way.

:monkey: on saddam!!

Originally posted by Saint Greg
I'll take a doctor's opinion over his.....I don't remember him playing with that injury all last year.....Emmitt played one half with a sep shoulder against the giants a few years ago.....and people are still talking about it....i think he missed a couple games after that.

You obviously don't know your team very well then. By they way, how many playoff games have the Saints won in their entire existence?? 1, uno, one. That's Pathetic. Meanwhile, the Dolphins have been in 5 Super Bowls, and hopefully a sixth this season.

Originally posted by chambers84

You obviously don't know your team very well then. By they way, how many playoff games have the Saints won in their entire existence?? 1, uno, one. That's Pathetic. Meanwhile, the Dolphins have been in 5 Super Bowls, and hopefully a sixth this season.

I know my team very well.....I follow them every day of the year...I don't remember ricky playing with a separated shoulder all last season. I don't remember any runningback ever playing an entire season with a separated shoulder.

It could be that they kept it quiet because of how the media blows things out of proportion. From the sounds of it, he's not that worried about it.

But like Greg said, none of us are doctors. Neither is Ricky. Maybe it just got bruised or something. Let the doctors do what they get paid to do, then we'll bitch about it. :)

Amen Ice...Rickys health is the prime concern...We have a good opportunity to go 7-1 or 6-2 in the first half of the season. Ricky will be more important in the second half than the first. Edwards an Minor showed they can handle the load. Let Ricky get healthy early and save him for the second half of the season.;)

Guys I think that we are blowing this out of proportion before the media even gets a chance to. Ricky said "I THINK!!!!! I seperated my shoulder" not I definitely serperated my shoulder or x-rays revealed I seperated my shoulder. If this was a real concern something would have been mentioned about it by now. Considering the first question for Wannstedt today was in reagrds to Sam Madison's ankle injury, I don't think Dave could have ever gotten through his press conference without a question about Ricky's shoulder if it was a big concern. I bet it won't even be mentioned in Wednesday's injury report.

Back
Top Bottom