Ricky Williams show @ 7PM on WQAM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams show @ 7PM on WQAM

Hey, you started it. The only thing left is the triple-dog dare. :)

I like what Ricky had to say about the fans who were booing. He said something to the effect of..."the fans who were booing were not REAL Dolphin fans" (not an exact quote - regurgitated from memery cells in one of the lobe areas...)

Ricky was right. A true fan would never turn on his team in the format of public renunciation ...he would rather prefer to injure him/her self first then cause his team pain.

Yeah, he said (paraphrased) that the fans have a right to boo and say "Ricky you sucked!!". But he said he doesn't care because they're not real Dolphin fans anyway. He said that growing up in San Diego, he rooted for the Chargers. And they always sucked. But he never, ever, ever booed or did things like that. He said he'd never think to do that.

Le Batard asked him what it was like to end regulation to a shower of boos. He said something to the effect of "it was the right decision. We were playing to our strengths, etc". Pretty much saying that the boos were unwarranted. He also mentioned that they expected to get into this kind of game. That we were gonna run and play defense and they were gonna run and play D and they'd see what happened. So he knew he was in for a long day.

Also mentioned that Ray Lewis wasn't really talking any trash on the field. Last year he was talking junk. But this year it wasn't anything bad. Just kinda "I'ma be here all day. Ok, I'll see you in the hole". Ricky said Randy McMichael told him that he heard Ray was a changed person in that regard.

It was funny when they asked Ricky what was Lewis like last year. Ricky said something like, "I kept having to hear about how he was going to be in my face all day and how good he was". :lol:

Again, paraphrased and from the best of my memory (which might not be saying much. lol).

Ricky needs to get pissed and talk some ****.

Damn Paxil makes ya all happy and **** :lol:

Originally posted by Muck
Yeah, he said (paraphrased) that the fans have a right to boo and say "Ricky you sucked!!". But he said he doesn't care because they're not real Dolphin fans anyway. He said that growing up in San Diego, he rooted for the Chargers. And they always sucked. But he never, ever, ever booed or did things like that. He said he'd never think to do that.

Le Batard asked him what it was like to end regulation to a shower of boos. He said something to the effect of "it was the right decision. We were playing to our strengths, etc". Pretty much saying that the boos were unwarranted. He also mentioned that they expected to get into this kind of game. That we were gonna run and play defense and they were gonna run and play D and they'd see what happened. So he knew he was in for a long day.

These are the things that bother me about some so-called Dolfans... im not sure if its that theyre just naive, ignorant, arrogant or if they actually believe they are justified in their actions. i know everyone has the right to their opinion and as fans, we should expect the best from our team every day they perform, BUT i think we also need to gain a lil perspective. what good does it do to boo the team as they walk in the locker room to go to overtime? what good does it do the team to hear their home stadium screaming "Wannstedt Sucks"?... some people around me were already booing in the third quarter, just cuz we were running the ball more than they liked, yet, if we threw more and had one picked, im sure they wouldve been clapping and screaming that it was a valiant effort... (actually, im willing to bet that theyd be booing and screaming that we should run ricky more)

If you actually believed this game was gonna be an offensive showcase, then you know nothing about football. I was kinda surprised when ricky said that he wasnt aware of the teams "conservative" gameplan until he was in the locker room before the game started. i would think wanny shouldve spent some time mentally preparing this team for a dog fight (or "a war in the trenches" to use one of these war analogies thats so popular these days)

either way, i really hope the fans are more positive this sunday night. hopefully the team (i mean, offense) can prove they deserve the support. but i get the feeling this will be a 13 - 10, 17 - 14 type of game.

I actually think we'll play better this week. We're not facing a defensive juggernaut. And despite the fact that we were facing an outstanding defense last week, the plays were there to be made. Simply a lack of execution. So there is hope IMO.

Muck isn't nearly pretentious, arrogant, obnoxious, or misinformed enough to be "The Big O." Sorry, Muck. :)

I actually think we'll play better this week. We're not facing a defensive juggernaut. And despite the fact that we were facing an outstanding defense last week, the plays were there to be made. Simply a lack of execution. So there is hope IMO.

i completely agree, but i prefer the side of cautious pessimist...

what gives me a sense of comfort, is that washington has no pass rush, they have 14 sacks in the season, which is 5th worst in the league, behind Jax, Hou, Chi, Ari... if griese has time in the pocket he should be able to complete some passes, plus maybe we wont need to keep McMike in to block like we did most of the ravens game.

btw, Muck should wish he was "The Big O"... the guys in constant contact with the dolphins and he gets paid to host a radio show that talks about the dolphins for 3 hours, what more could you ask for?

plus maybe then hed actually have some inside info for us, instead of his usual opinionated, obnoxious garbage, LOL... ;)

oh wait, maybe he is "The Big O" ....... :goof:

Does anyone know where i can read a transcript of Ricky's interview with Le Batard? I know Ricky used to post them on his website, but I haven't even been able to find the old ones he used to put up there....thanks fellas

I agree. We're not facing Ray Lewis, Ed Reed ("It's all about this U!" - Kellen Winslow, Jr. :lol: ), etc. I think we'll be okay for next Sunday. It's the remaining 5 that I'm crossing my fingers for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can feel the love in this room. I can feel it. Feel the flow. Feel it. It's circular.....

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
Muck, are you really the Big O????????

No, I am not the Big O, although I have been known to enduce it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom