Ricky Williams Show thread. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams Show thread.

Thanks, I forgot to turn it on.

Talking about how Dave visibly has less joy for the game. He's more defensive.

Ricky isn't making any excuses. It's actually a topic (how Ricky hates excuse-makers). Says it's easy to say "I don't make excuses" when you're winning.

On the 45-yard run. Ricky said Dawkins was ahead of him the whole time. Ricky said he suprised Dawkins with his speed. He just lost his balance.

Teammates said Dawkins was trying to punch him in the side. But Ricky said he didn't know cuz he didn't feel it.

Ricky said no player intimidates him. When asked WHO?? "My mom".

Asked about getting more screen passes......Ricky says Norv feels he should get the bulk of his touches by the running game.

Louie in Kendall....asking about blitz checkoffs. Ricky says "we're not a big audible team/checkoff team". Said they literally spent half of each practice working on defending the Eagles blitz. Over and over again. And it paid off. Knocked it right out. Eagles bring more defenders than you can block. So they worked on picking up the defenders closest to the QB and giving Jay an outlet to throw.

Commercial

NP. Listening to Ricky talk is refreshing. He's so much different than other athletes. He's so relaxed and honest. Very down to earth. He doesn't dodge questions (unless they're the obvious ones that he couldn't possibly comment on). I think Dan Le Batard has alot to do with that. He trusts Dan.

They talked about how he would be upset if Dave got fired. But he also understands that it's part of the business **I missed a lot of that part**

Talking shoulder injury now......

Ricky said he doesn't like to get pain shots. But it was a big game. So he went in and took the shot. Said it was ok, barely lasted till the end of the game. Shots in NO would last 6 hours. He wanted to get in. So he found the doctor and told him to get him back in.

Said it's a problem he always has. Surgery last offseason. Said he felt ok after that. Then he took that screen pass and it started hurting again.

Said we have great doctors. Small needles. Use ice spray. Says he's probably seperated his shoulder 4 times in his career. Had 5-6 shots in NO. So he's used to it.

But he realized he doesn't need them. Says he's a tough guy. And it affects some people after football is over. So he largely stays away.

Ricky's going to Australia this offseason simply because he's never been there. :) He's gonna relax.

Motorcycles. Ricky was riding his bike and some fan in traffic told him put a helmet on. :lol: Says he doesn't ride everyday. Just helps him relax. He doesn't ride all crazy. Started getting poetic. LOL....

Brian Dawkins came on a blitz. Ricky said he popped him real good. After the play, Ricky said, "That all you got??". Dawkins just walked away. Ricky said it was just kinda just jawing. Not talking down to him. Says he's only said something like that 1 or 2 other times in his career.

Says that kinda stuff gets him fired up (somebody challenging him physically).

Asked if he watched the other RBs (yards guys). Said he stopped now that they're so far ahead of him. :lol:

Dan's getting ticked cuz nobody is calling in. CALL IN PEOPLE!! 305-567-0560

Commercial

Ricky's got a safe driver listing on his driver's license. LOL

Joe "Hollywood" Horn's TD phone thing. Nickname is Hollywood. Ricky says it's all in fun. Thought it was funny. Brought interest to the game.

In regards to older, whiter interest in the game....getting offended byt he celebrating. Ricky says it's all about 1-upping your idols from when you're a kid (seeing your idols dance).

As far as sportsmanship.....Ricky says it's a business now. And the front office certainly doesn't show sportsmanship in the way they treat you. It's all about taking care of yourself now, because the team isn't going to.

That said, Ricky says doesn't dance like that because he doesn't want that kind of attention.

Says fan attention is part of the territory. Even when he's having a bad day, he might not be as nice. But he tries to be courteous to everyone.

Attention he recieves is "not real". Once he's done playing football, that attention will be gone. So it wouldn't be wise to build his confidence up with that.

Locker room pressure (Wanny's job on the line). He said they knew all about it. They felt it. If we don't make the playoffs, the players have a chance to stick around. But it's a lot tighter on Wanny.

Some girl is calling up now. OMG. LOL. She sounds awestruck or crushing. Asking about how he overcame is social anxiety disorder. Very good answer from Ricky.

I'm struggling to keep up.

Caller is saying the OL doesn't deserve a back like him. Nose getting brown.

Dan's asking what his totals would be behind Clinton Portis' OL. Ricky says too many variables to answer.

Some chick is asking why some dude upstairs didn't ask for a replay on a catch. Ricky's sticking up for our coaches (keeping the timeout).

If Ricky were running the NFL, kickers would be banished from the NFL. **Dan's words. LOL**

Big O in the house now. Game over.

Forgive me for the sometimes choppy, incoherent writing. I was trying to keep up and type what was relevant on the fly. And that means waiting till the questions and answers are done most times. :)

Back
Top Bottom