Ricky Williams (Sorry, but I need to get this off of my chest) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams (Sorry, but I need to get this off of my chest)

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I will start off by apoligizing to the finheaven faithful for starting yet another Ricky Williams thread. However I do not believe I have ever started a Ricky thread throughout this whole saga so please forgive me. I think everybody needs to look at this situation from a business standpoint and throw emotion out of the window. I do not like Ricky Williams and I absolutely hate what he did to our team and of course I despise suffering through a 4-12 season. However I realize that the NFL is a business and the Dolphins organization must deal with Ricky Williams in a fashion that is best for the business. That being said I think wlecoming him back and seeing how things work out is the only option.

If Ricky comes back and puts in a half hearted effort what makes anyone so sure that his debt would disasppear????? Don't you guys think there will be a reworked deal with plenty of protection clauses for the Dolphins????? I would think so. Even if this happens at least we have some depth at RB and would still have shot at being competitive.

The worst idea of all is bringing him back and immediately trading him for whatever we can get for him right now. I think the Fins organization would look like complete morons if they traded Ricky away for his current value (squat, maybe a 6th or 7th round pick) and he got his career back in order and was better than anything the Fins had for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

So please everyone, no more Screw Ricky I would never take him back yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, pothead yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, pothead, yada, yada, yada, yada you get the picture threads.

It is critical that the organization deals with this situation properly and acting out of emotion, like of poeple here have been, would be foolish.

F150&Dolfan said:
So please everyone, no more Screw Ricky I would never take him back yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, pothead yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, pothead, yada, yada, yada, yada you get the picture threads.

It is critical that the organization deals with this situation properly and acting out of emotion, like of poeple here have been, would be foolish.

Why? I'm not a part of the Dolphins front office. I have no control over what they do or don't do. So why can't I express myself the way I want too, using emotion, like fans do for their team? I hate Ricky. I don't care how it affects Miami from a "business" standpoint. I've never started a thread, much less a Ricky Williams thread, and I do agree that there has been way to many Ricky threads. But I hate Ricky Williams and I still will no matter what he does when he comes back.

kingnate85 said:
Why? I'm not a part of the Dolphins front office. I have no control over what they do or don't do. So why can't I express myself the way I want too, using emotion, like fans do for their team? I hate Ricky. I don't care how it affects Miami from a "business" standpoint. I've never started a thread, much less a Ricky Williams thread, and I do agree that there has been way to many Ricky threads. But I hate Ricky Williams and I still will no matter what he does when he comes back.

Seriously, sorry to change the subject, but that thing that you display at the bottom completely scares the bejesus out of me. I mean really, it freaks me out to no end, and more or less ruins my night. Thought I'd let you know.

this is america kingnate, say what you want. by the way your pic is awesome.....bout fell out of my chair i was laughing so hard........but seriously, i don't have many kind things to say about ricky, but if he can help, i wouldn't be completely against it.

DiepatriotsDie said:
Seriously, sorry to change the subject, but that thing that you display at the bottom completely scares the bejesus out of me. I mean really, it freaks me out to no end, and more or less ruins my night. Thought I'd let you know.

dont listen.....that thing bouncin around is funny as heck......it MAKES my night.....hahahahahahaha I laugh everytime I see it.

My 2 cents.....Ronnie Brown will have all of training camp....up to July 28th the very soonest that Ricky can join our team....Preseason and, at the very least, the first 4 games of the season before Ricky returns from suspension.....that HE is the man in Miami.....nobody else. Having said that....what kind of impact insurance policy would most teams LOVE to have TALENT WISE as Ricky Williams.....not Personality wise of course. Bottom line for me......if you can help my Miami Dolphins win games....and get to the Playoffs and eventually someday for the love of god.......the Superbowl.....then I will root for you.....even if your Ricky Williams.

DiepatriotsDie said:

:roflmao:

yup!

that kid is scary.... :eek:

F150&Dolfan said:
I will start off by apoligizing to the finheaven faithful for starting yet another Ricky Williams thread. However I do not believe I have ever started a Ricky thread throughout this whole saga so please forgive me. I think everybody needs to look at this situation from a business standpoint and throw emotion out of the window. I do not like Ricky Williams and I absolutely hate what he did to our team and of course I despise suffering through a 4-12 season. However I realize that the NFL is a business and the Dolphins organization must deal with Ricky Williams in a fashion that is best for the business. That being said I think wlecoming him back and seeing how things work out is the only option.

If Ricky comes back and puts in a half hearted effort what makes anyone so sure that his debt would disasppear????? Don't you guys think there will be a reworked deal with plenty of protection clauses for the Dolphins????? I would think so. Even if this happens at least we have some depth at RB and would still have shot at being competitive.

The worst idea of all is bringing him back and immediately trading him for whatever we can get for him right now. I think the Fins organization would look like complete morons if they traded Ricky away for his current value (squat, maybe a 6th or 7th round pick) and he got his career back in order and was better than anything the Fins had for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

It's called a "new beginning" ...........life AFTER Ricky. Some of us aren't afraid of it.

What's funny is...If Ricky Williams did what TO is doing alot of people would still like him. people must realize that Ricky Williams was the ultimate team player when he was here. He did what he was told no questions asked, and was horribly underpaid. Imo someone like peyton manning who is going to take up 20% of the teams salary soon isnt a "team player". A team player is someone who wants best for the team, and taking less cash certainly qualifies. He quit mainly quit imo because nfl has a BS drug policy. i dont blame him to a certain extent. Who gives a **** if he smokes weed? Imo he can whatever the hell he wants in his freetime i would rather have him smoking than drinking too. But, on the same token rules are rules, and even though they are stupid he must obey them. That was a mistake he made. He deserves a 2nd chance, and he comes at a CHEAP price. He might of screwed us over last season, but if he can have a great season this year...then wouldnt it be paying us back? Also, if Saban is a success in the NFL (Which we dont know yet, but hes making the right moves. it wouldnt be realisticly possible to be more pleased imo). Maybe it was blessing in disguise. Ricky deserves a 2nd chance.

pwn3dyo said:
What's funny is...If Ricky Williams did what TO is doing alot of people would still like him. people must realize that Ricky Williams was the ultimate team player when he was here. He did what he was told no questions asked, and was horribly underpaid. Imo someone like peyton manning who is going to take up 20% of the teams salary soon isnt a "team player". A team player is someone who wants best for the team, and taking less cash certainly qualifies. He quit mainly quit imo because nfl has a BS drug policy. i dont blame him to a certain extent. Who gives a **** if he smokes weed? Imo he can whatever the hell he wants in his freetime i would rather have him smoking than drinking too. But, on the same token rules are rules, and even though they are stupid he must obey them. That was a mistake he made. He deserves a 2nd chance, and he comes at a CHEAP price. He might of screwed us over last season, but if he can have a great season this year...then wouldnt it be paying us back? Also, if Saban is a success in the NFL (Which we dont know yet, but hes making the right moves. it wouldnt be realisticly possible to be more pleased imo). Maybe it was blessing in disguise. Ricky deserves a 2nd chance.
Good post.
He might of screwed us over last season, but if he can have a great season this year...then wouldnt it be paying us back?
I would have to agree with that. If he has a good season... if he could take us to playoffs... If he shows he's dedicated, mature, responsible, hard working, and loyal to this team and produces on the field... No doubt in my mind that, that would be paying us back.

Back
Top Bottom