Ricky Williams Will not retire | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams Will not retire

Puncho

Starter
Reaction score
Everyone needs to calm down, and stop with the bashing. Ricky will play again this year for the Dolphins. Ricky is a team guy, once he has some time to think about how his actions have impacted his teammates and fans he will regain his focus and determination to play football. Everyone has had a bad month in their life and done irrational things before. I am sure Wayne H. has deployed his private jet to Asia to find and properly re-medicate Ricky.

I don't have the patience to listen to apologists about this situation.

If Ricky was a team guy, then he would have let the TEAM know what he was thinking long ago, so they could take measures to replace him.

The only way he is not done is if this is some sort of brilliant FO move to keep opposing defenses from preparing to stop him. I would love that and applaud being played for a stooge. But I think the chances of winning the lotto are better.

dreadlockera said:
The only way he is not done is if this is some sort of brilliant FO move to keep opposing defenses from preparing to stop him. I would love that and applaud being played for a stooge. But I think the chances of winning the lotto are better.

:lol: Agreed.

Puncho said:
Everyone needs to calm down, and stop with the bashing. Ricky will play again this year for the Dolphins. Ricky is a team guy, once he has some time to think about how his actions have impacted his teammates and fans he will regain his focus and determination to play football. Everyone has had a bad month in their life and done irrational things before. I am sure Wayne H. has deployed his private jet to Asia to find and properly re-medicate Ricky.

I'm sure he would be welcomed back with open arms by his team mates. :eek:

What a headcase this guy is.

Do you think the timing was intentional as a parting gift to Wanny?

He seems to be in total bliss to have the pressure off of him finally. If he comes back how resentfull do you think he would feel. It would be more pressure on top of the pressure he already couldn't handle.

I honestly think he waited so that the Dolphins would miss him dearly. However I think Travis Minor can be an effective Runner...enough to fill Ricky's shoes? No way....

KBISBACK said:
I don't have the patience to listen to apologists about this situation.

If Ricky was a team guy, then he would have let the TEAM know what he was thinking long ago, so they could take measures to replace him.

I agree. If Ricky was a team guy, he would have:

a) not retired

or

b) retired after the season

or

c) retired in January or Feburary which would give the Dolphins the time and chance to find a quality replacement

I wouldn't have minded Ricky retiring if he did it early in the offseason. The biggest reason why I am so mad about it is because of the timing. He just quit on the team and screwed us for the upcoming season. Ricky retiring early in the offseason would have been a major blow to the team and I would be upset about that too but I would at least respect the decision and we would be able to find someone to replace him.

IF ricky came back (not gonna happen) what are the chances he ISN'T banned for a LONG time for openly admiting that he used some substance to fool the NFL drug tests? Even IF he didn't get banned, what are the chances that the dolphins want to be associated with a known drug user?

go_fins said:
he already sold his house in South Beach!

Do you know this for a fact? Did you sell his house? Or did you hear it on TV?
He will return and play this year.

Puncho said:
Do you know this for a fact? Did you sell his house? Or did you hear it on TV?
He will return and play this year.
well i dont really want him playing for the fins anymore so if he comes back i will be pissed...reality check - he is gone (but its not the end of our season)

Ricky is a team guy, once he has some time to think about how his actions have impacted his teammates and fans he will regain his focus

Yeah...because the last five months off really wasn't enough time to think all of this through.

He's gone :goof:

Back
Top Bottom