rickys fumbling | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rickys fumbling

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
for all u stat junkies...what were his stats concerning recovered fumbles and how many did he have all season and has any1 heard if hes improved that aspect?

All I know is he has the record for most fumbles (I think) by any RB.

Something he needs to really work on if possible. He says he has small hands *shrug*.

7 fumbles 5 lost....although some were costly thats nearly 250 yards per fumble and even more per fumble lost if it ends up being that he has small hands and he has trouble holding on to the ball I guess I can take the good with the bad

2 of those fumbles last year NEVER HAPPENED!!!!

:m83: The Refs

Travis Henry had the most fumbles last season. There was no record or anything Xo.......

have you taken a look at his arms...he does have small hands and short muscular forearms. Thats a recipe for fumbles. Nothing much can be done.

Well, last year he had 7 fumbles in 16 games ... the year before he had 8 fumbles in 14 games ... so the trend seems to be toward improvement.

He has huge arms and small hands but it does not matter because he is still a top RB in the NFL.

That is what all the "experts" say anyway. He has small hands and big arms and that may be one reason why he fumbles so much. I hope that improves this year becasue IMO that is a big problem BUT I do argree that two of those were not fumbles so if you consider that maybe it's not as bad as we think.

i don't think he'll ever improve really.....in practice and during the "strip" drills he always holds onto the ball because he knows the strips are coming and he protects the ball......because he knows what is goin on....

it seems like he just doesn't have the awarness to hold onto the ball in games, and with the amount of carries he has logged so far in his career you kind of wonder if he will ever get it.....i doubt it.....but i'll be damned if i can complain to much....his fumbles are worth all the production he gives us.....still a top notch rb...top 3 for sure.....

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
i don't think he'll ever improve really.....

it seems like he just doesn't have the awarness to hold onto the ball in games, and with the amount of carries he has logged so far in his career you kind of wonder if he will ever get it.....

Ummm ... let me point out AGAIN that his fumbles per game improved last year.

yes but a "real" improvement is getting it down to 2 or 3 a YEAR....going from 8 to 7 is like a baseball player's batting average "improving" from .125 to .150, i mean do you really expect that player to REALLY improve??

damn man, ricky can't help but improve his fumble stats because they are so bad to begin with.....he almost has to try and fumble to get any worse!!!!

in my opinion, he will NEVER fumble less than 5 times in a full, 16 game, healthy season......but i'll take the fumbles and 1400+ yards per season....

Didn't realize Trick Daddy was a fan of the Dolphins.

OR maybe just Madison ;D.

The small hands thing is overrated. He fumbles because his arms are very muscular and short and he can't tuck in the football properly (if you look at Faulk, he can tuck the ball in further because he isn't as muscular).

Back
Top Bottom