Ricky's Reason? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's Reason?

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
Hmm i know im going to be ridiculed for this and im going to have to duck but here it goes...

maybe Ricky after his failed drug test took the year off to get more flexibility and to give his body a rest from the constant pounding wanny had him put through in games..

he went to school for massage and relaxing?

maybe to get his body back to good state...

just my opinion

im ducking now

If that was the case wouldn't he want to stay in playing shape? I mean isn't it going to be harder on his body the way he is know going to have to hammer the weights to get back up to his playing weight, rather than just maintain it?

I don't know Ricky Williams reason for retireing but, I do know it left the team high and dry last season. I would not have a problem if Ricky retired right after the season, but the timing was the troubling part. I know there are probably a million different conspiracy reasons, but i'm just gonna think he does not want to play, he may indeed comeback and play but I just don't think the man wants to play, it's probably more on the line that he has to comeback for financial purposes.

Calgaryfin said:
Pretty simple really. His personality style is what is called open indirect (Neuro Linguist Programming- NLP). That personality stlye's greatest fear is conflict (bye the way Ricky probaly sees being a running back as an art form not a confrontation with opponents). He had conflict with his girlfriend and mother of his latest child in a court fight over child support and he didn't want to get killed by Wanny's "wad ball". So instead of fighting the matter in court and telling Wanny what a knuckleheaded sytem he had he created the perfect out with drugs. Got himself outta football so Wanny couldn't kill him and crippled his income in the child support case all in one go. The ideal way to avoid his problems and just to prove my point then he ran away.

The reason he is back now is Saban has convinced him that he needs his help and left a non confrontational door open.
These personalities love being helpers and fence menders and that is why he is back.

Saban is a pretty intersting guy!

Excellent analysis.

well i guess thats fair lol..i just started the ricky theory thread for all

ok. So Ricky wakes up one morning and decides, "Dave is running an offense that is killing me and is going to shorten my career (It's Dave's fault reason). I also think they promoted the wrong OC (Didn't like Trestman reason). I think that the team will tank and Dave and Rick will get fired (He did us a favor reason). I think I will study yoga and gain flexability and come back next year (Extend his career reason). I have lost my passion (lost passion reason) and need to find peace with myself (at Peace with myself reason)."

I guess this explains it all. I just haven't figured out how the 3 failed drug tests fit in, the SAD fits in or the "I need a new contract" fits in.

In reality, I think the people who want to see Ricky back will believe any of the many reasons that this isn't really his fault and he isn't such a bad guy. They will justify it anyhow that makes them feel better about this situation. And those who don't want him back will continue to talk about the many reasons he gave for leaving and his drug problems. I don't think either side will change their minds. I also don't think either side will stop trying to change the other sides minds.

I guess the next thing we have to consider is how much is he going to make? Then we will really see who supports Ricky and who supports Cheap Ricky.

enigmatics said:
Is it really that friggin' hard to take people at face value? Besides, the issue is black and white............he had tested positive twice in a short amount of time for marijuana and knew it. Rather than face the wrath and embarrassment for getting suspended for a whole year, he ran off like a little child. He went on to give plenty of other selfish reasons, but underneath it all, he was about to get ousted, and decided to try and make himself look like he was the innocent bystander. The whole thing is a complete joke. The more people talked to LeBetard and got little quotables from Ricky, the more it got away from what actually ocurred - the man couldn't stay away from the dope. He's one of those people who time and time again convinces himself he's in the right, regardless of what's actually happening.

So the fact that after he announced he would retire and getting the phone call from Wanny, he stated he would stay with the phins if he got a new contract and less carries.

I guess you are right!!! It is that cut and dry.

There were many different factors to him leaving. If he truly wanted to leave for one reason or another he wouldn't have tried to negotiate to stay on.

Also he was only facing a 4 game suspension at the time not a full year.

enigmatics said:
No........he smoke weed to combat his SAD..........and lord knows he enjoyed it in the process. Nice try though.
Are you sure? He quit in Summer and SAD troubles are mostly Winter. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom