Ricky's replacement? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's replacement?

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been hased out already but haven't seen but a couple of quick comments about this. It makes for an interesting discussion IMO.

There has been much talk about Ronnie leaving and Miami drafting his replacement. Could it be that Miami wants Ronnie to stay for another 3-4 years and draft Ricky's replacement? We all know Ricky is retiring after this year. So perhaps the FO's thinking is that they draft a burner to learn our system for a year and then step in when Ricky is gone. What do you think?

Can you imagine seeing a Best or Spiller teaming with Ricky? Who knows, Miami may be planning to use Sheets, who we already have, to team with Ronnie.

One other possibility is to keep Ronnie one more year and then replace both he and Ricky with Hilliard and Sheets (or a draft pick).

Everyone wants Ronnie to stay for another three or four years but if he doesn't stay healthy he is long gone next off season and if some one ponies up a 1st bye bye this off season

Ricky more then likely will be out one way or another after this season or latest next so both guys will likely need to be replaced.

It would be prudent to bring someone in this season in the later rounds.

I would love ronnie to stay but also want a healty back. Ricky will more than likly be gone next year but did we see wnough from hilliard to give him the reings? I dont think so.
Sheets ran for 1 time for what 5 yards. Maybe see more this season. I'm hoping that next season we can draft aguy like Ingram.

I actually can see Miami look for a replacement for both of them and have the new guy run with Hilliard in 2 years if Brown gets hurt again and Williams retires.

Toby Gerhart might fit the Dolphins but I don't think he is still available when the Dolphins can afford to a pick at RB. He isn't getting much attention so if he falls down the draft he might be worth a shot at some point. The defense is so piss poor it's got to be the focus of the draft.

IF, we get Dansby and Rolle, I say
- pick Spiller at 12
- Trade Ronnie for a 2nd (maybe a 6th as well), he's going to be too expensive next year when we wants a contract upgrade - plus another year older and same injury concerns
- Let Ricky fight it out against;

Spiller - 1st round pick, high expectations
Hilliard - the thumper this Coaching staff likes
Cobbs - returning from injury healthy will be key and we know Sparano loves him
Sheets - Saw him run one play from the wildcat (Ricky's position) in the last game BUT and he flashed something.

Ricky is around for one year and then he says he's retiring.. why not part ways now and lets go with the younger more dynamic playmakers like Spiller/Sheets comboed with Hilliard and Cobbs. Let them all develop with this youngish OL, young QB, young WR's.. and hopefully young TE's if we draft one of the top ones this draft.

Then focus on Defense over the next few years draft

Edit: The 2x2nd Round picks, Id look to go J Worlids OLB and Cam Thomas NT. Then back to the O with the TE in the 3rd.

IF, we get Dansby and Rolle, I say
- pick Spiller at 12
- Trade Ronnie for a 2nd (maybe a 6th as well), he's going to be too expensive next year when we wants a contract upgrade - plus another year older and same injury concerns
- Let Ricky fight it out against;

Spiller - 1st round pick, high expectations
Hilliard - the thumper this Coaching staff likes
Cobbs - returning from injury healthy will be key and we know Sparano loves him
Sheets - Saw him run one play from the wildcat (Ricky's position) in the last game BUT and he flashed something.

Ricky is around for one year and then he says he's retiring.. why not part ways now and lets go with the younger more dynamic playmakers like Spiller/Sheets comboed with Hilliard and Cobbs. Let them all develop with this youngish OL, young QB, young WR's.. and hopefully young TE's if we draft one of the top ones this draft.

Then focus on Defense over the next few years draft

Edit: The 2x2nd Round picks, Id look to go J Worlids OLB and Cam Thomas NT. Then back to the O with the TE in the 3rd.

Excellent post!!! :hclap: :hclap: :hclap:

I think we already have Ronnie's replacement in Lex Hilliard and just need to draft a guy to be Ricky's eventual replacement. I'm looking at LeGarrette Blount for that.

Ok, so we didnt get Rolle. I would be very interested to know what this Coaching Staff think of Chris Clemons... certainly has play making ability and speed in bunches, BUT, is he ready to take over from G. Wilson. Considering my earlier post on getting Spiller and a TE in the 3rd and allow this young/youngish Offense to develop together. The same could be said for the Secondary, with the 2 young CB's that bit older and hopefully developing in the offseason.. should we get a J Worlids/Cam Thomas and maybe some more depth for ILB, it could be the year to focus on the front 7, let Clemons grow while making mistakes... we're still not a playoff contender just yet so could afford some mistakes from this spot.

Oh, and Hilliard I really do like but he's not a replacement for Ronnie, not in a like for like situation.. Could see Spiller, Hilliard and dare I say it.. Sheets.. being a real nice young backfield offering a lot of skill sets.

Back
Top Bottom