Ricky's rushing yards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's rushing yards

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
With all the talk that other teams Fans are saying about
this years rushing and Ricky Willaims yards this year,
I decided to compare last year and this year.

Here is what I found out.

Through 5 games last year Ricky had 565 yards rushing last year.

This year he has 461.

A difference of only 104 yards.

Their making a mountain out of a mole hill as far as I can see.
With Miami's Rookie LT and a banged up Center. And Konrad's
broken finger. I say they have been doing a great Job.

So I say stop the Fear! Or better put as ...."NO FEAR!"

Heck that's a average of only 21 yards a game.

If you average that out to 16 games that's 336 yards less than last year.

Last year he rushed for a total of 1853 yards for the season.

The difference between the two is 1517 yards total.

If Ricky rushes for 1517 yards this year I could live with that.

That's more than enough for Miami to reach the playoffs!!!

Doesn't seem like the team has been going up against some really good run defenses? It seems like, each week, the opposing team "sucks at ____, but boy they have a great run D though."

I think that DT is now a position were teams start to build their foundation.

We've seen more athletic DT the last few years than ever. There are very good athletes now at the position instead of only big fat bodies.

Originally posted by CpuFan
With all the talk that other teams Fans are saying about
this years rushing and Ricky Willaims yards this year,
I decided to compare last year and this year.

Here is what I found out.

Through 5 games last year Ricky had 565 yards rushing last year.

This year he has 461.

A difference of only 104 yards.

Their making a mountain out of a mole hill as far as I can see.
With Miami's Rookie LT and a banged up Center. And Konrad's
broken finger. I say they have been doing a great Job.

So I say stop the Fear! Or better put as ...."NO FEAR!"

People make out the rushing yds more than what they actually are. Of course, yds ARE yds but it's the quakity of them more so than the quantity. We can start on our 20, give the ball to Ricky and he runs 30 yds each time. big yds, big avg but if the O stalls from there it's not such a big deal. So far this yr, Ricky hasn't really busted many real long ones as last yr so that's where the lack of quantity lies pretty much. Now in the Giants game, he mustered like 39 yds all day with just about all of them coming in the 4th qtr while they stacked to stop him and couldn't and that's quality yds, getting them when you need them [the most]. Even if he's not getting alot early on, they still have to respect him and he will get the best of them eventually. But the puzzling part of it all is that it beats the hell out of me why the rest of the O won,t/can't take advantage of this??

the only trend I care about is our .800 winning PCT, but I do not expect Ricky to get 1800 again - teams are far more afraid of him this year

I agree with the "quality" point made above, but one big game (or, for that matter, one big play) for RW and he could be on pace to equal or better last year's yards.

Thanks for the info CPU, this was a very enlightening post.

Originally posted by 1972
I agree with the "quality" point made above, but one big game (or, for that matter, one big play) for RW and he could be on pace to equal or better last year's yards.

Thanks for the info CPU, this was a very enlightening post.

Like Dolphan39 said I don't think he will duplicate last year total. He made many big runs last year and that's what gave him the rushing title. Now teams are even more game planning against him. That's why we really need the passing game to start clicking.

I think he will get between 1500/1600 yards, which is very good.

Personally, I was very surprised with all the 2,000 yards talk before this year. Sure, Ricky is capable of it, and he probably would have gotten it last year had Fiedler not gotten hurt, but Ricky took a lot of people by surprise when he exploded last year. Every team is game-planning to stop him now, so it's harder. But sure, I can live with 1,500 yards, as long as the W's keep rolling in.

amen... give me a W each week through the end of january, and stats be darned... Ricky has been big when needed though. lest we forget the 42 carry Ricky fest of a few weeks ago.

I think what is really important is Ricky's total yards from scrimmage. Ricky is more dangerous as a pass reciever because it counters other teams when they stack the box. I would like to see a few pump-fake screens on Sunday. It will work very well if they blitz.

Back
Top Bottom