Rivers Invited to NY for Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers Invited to NY for Draft

ncdolfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Article here in the Raleigh News & Observer this morning Link states that Rivers was one of 7 or so players invited to attend the Draft next week in New York.

Given this, seems a sure bet that Rivers will be gone by pick #20 - the NFL would not invite him to the draft if there were any chance he would last that far. NFL is very conscious of some prior attendees at the NBA draft having to wait around in the "Green Room" for a long period of time - proved to be an embarrassing situation that the NFL wants to avoid.

Unfortunately, even if he does fall, Rivers is too mature to pull a Jumaine Jones or a Rashard Lewis on us. And yes, it's heartless of me, but the "last guy in the Green Room" thing is the height of sports-related comedy.

If he can't take sitting in the green room for a couple of hours, he won't be able to take J Kearse or J Taylor coming at him....

If he really was invited then yes I would take that as a sign that, as I've been afraid of all along, there isn't a snowball's chance in he|| he makes it to pick #20.

The NFL is reeeaaally sensitive over the issues of inviting guys that end up waiting a long time before they are drafted. He wasn't on their original list of invitees I do not believe, and if they added him, I think its a sign that they put some feelers out to teams in the top 10 or 11 and were pretty convinced he'll be drafted there.

Didnt Rciky get invited to the NFL draft? and was picked by the Saints till later???

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Didnt Rciky get invited to the NFL draft? and was picked by the Saints till later???
I'm pretty sure he did get invited. He was the 5th pick

Ricky was definitely invited and was picked #5 overall which is not waiting very long. The surprise was that Edgerrin was picked #4 overall, before Ricky.

Two great runners those two though...Edgerrin has had some unfortunate injury issues lately though.

Does anybody remember the players that got invited and REALLY had to wait? Like longer than the 14th pick.

I think Antowain Smith may have lasted a little longer than some expected when he was drafted by the Bills. He was a draft invitee.

I think Sapp had to wait awhile.

I agree CK, this is a definite sign Rivers will be picked early. Do you guys remember the posts saying that Rivers was going to be a 2nd rounder and was a reach for Miami at #20? Those seem rather ridiculous now.

Was Marino invited in 83'?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom