Rivers skyrocketing up draft boards..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers skyrocketing up draft boards.....

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7104541

It's starting to look like we will def have no shot at Rivers, so we better get something done pre-draft with Henson, or make a trade for Ramsey. As much as I am for Ramsey, everything I read about Rivers makes me feel that he could start his rookie year. But apparently everyone else is startin to really like this kid....Do u think we have any shot at him now and if we draft him, do we start him? I mean the majority of the time he would only have to hand off to Ricky.....He won't be required to carry the offense for at least a few years......I say we start Rivers his rookie year.....thats if we even get him. Any thoughts?

Yep. From The Buffalo News:

INDIANAPOLIS - The Buffalo Bills have the 13th pick in the NFL draft, and taking a quarterback is definitely a consideration.
North Carolina State star Philip Rivers is no politician, but he did a pretty good job Friday of lobbying to be the Bills' choice.

"It would be great," Rivers said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "Jim Ritcher was a great center up there, his son was my teammate at N.C. State, so I've heard some good things about the place. There's really not a team that I don't want to go to. But certainly Buffalo would be a great place, and you've got a great franchise and a great bunch of guys surrounding you."

:evil:

Rivers Lobbying to Be In Buffalo

My hope is that he has a terrible Combine workout that scares off other teams so we can pick him at 20. :evil:

Nah, I'm sure he'll do great. I hope he does. It just kills me that he's probably not going to be a Dolphin. We could trade a #5 for Tom Brady and I'd still be sad about not getting Rivers. I just really like the guy and feel he's going to be a special QB.

If he goes to Buffalo, I just might jump into oncoming rush hour traffic.

If he goes to Buffalo I'm going to be the happiest person in the world.

Originally posted by SMadison29

I didn't know you rooted for Buffalo. DIE COMMIE!! :jk:

Originally posted by Muck
My hope is that he has a terrible Combine workout that scares off other teams so we can pick him at 20. :evil:

Nah, I'm sure he'll do great. I hope he does. It just kills me that he's probably not going to be a Dolphin. We could trade a #5 for Tom Brady and I'd still be sad about not getting Rivers. I just really like the guy and feel he's going to be a special QB.

I think Henson will be Buffalo's man........

Rivers is either a Steeler or Dolphin.

Can we hold hands and jump together?

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I think Henson will be Buffalo's man........

Rivers is either a Steeler or Dolphin.

Rumor is the Steelers are in heavy talks w/ San Diego about trading up to the #1 spot. If so they'll take Eli or Ben.

doesn't this suck? a month ago we were debating about rather he would be a reach, now he'll probably be gone 8-10 picks before ours

Hey Infinz, you tamed down your avatar???

Life as a Dolfan kind of sucks for the last few years...

God, I hope RS can pick up either Ramsey or Henson else we are out of contention for the next 4 or 5 years...

Originally posted by Lukin

Rumor is the Steelers are in heavy talks w/ San Diego about trading up to the #1 spot. If so they'll take Eli or Ben.

This is exactly what I said a month ago would happen when I did my January Mock Draft. But some people said I was crazy. :)

Originally posted by inFINSible
Can we hold hands and jump together?

would it be less painful if we are intoxicated before we jump?

:drinker: or :infins:

:D

Originally posted by Disnardo
Hey Infinz, you tamed down your avatar???

Life as a Dolfan kind of sucks for the last few years...

God, I hope RS can pick up either Ramsey or Henson else we are out of contention for the next 4 or 5 years...
I didn't want to be the cause of a bunch of threads going off-topic.

:chuckle:

Originally posted by SMadison29

SM29, you and me are the only ones. :up:

I'm still hoping for Ramsey, but Gibbs sure is putting us on well. I think he's just whoring for the best offers possible.

Back
Top Bottom