Rivers to San Diego | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers to San Diego

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Mort is saying on his Chat Rap that San Diego went out to visit with Philip Rivers and is considering trading out of the #1 spot with the hopes of going down a handfull of spots and getting Rivers there.

Possibly smoke intended to get Oakland to flip flop #1 and #2. But, I think we all need to concede that Rivers is a talent that won't get to #20.

Who knows he may go top 10 he may go 2nd round man all this draft stuff is SOOOOOOOO up in the air.

Maybe Big Ben will drop to us i would crap myself if this really happened but it wont. **** i believe we could start him this year.

Originally posted by Brad528
Maybe Big Ben will drop to us i would crap myself if this really happened but it wont. **** i believe we could start him this year.

Would LOVE that, but I cant see Pitt, Buff, Az, Oak, all passing on him.

Relax guys, Roethlisberger isn't falling out of the top 8. Not without an injury or federal drug trafficking charges. This draft is considered to be eight players deep (of which he's one), with a dropoff after that. If Roethlisberger falls, it won't be far.

We're not taking a QB in the first round so what does it matter?

Originally posted by SMadison29
We're not taking a QB in the first round so what does it matter?

I remember saying "We're not taking a RB in the first round so what does it matter?" and "We're not taking a CB in the first round so what does it matter?"

Funny thing was, WE DID TAKE A RB IN THE FIRST ROUND and then we TOOK A CB IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!

Man yelling is fun

Regardless, I think Rivers is a lock for top 10. The farthest I see him sliding is to #13...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by phinphanbill
Mort is saying on his Chat Rap that San Diego went out to visit with Philip Rivers and is considering trading out of the #1 spot with the hopes of going down a handfull of spots and getting Rivers there.

Possibly smoke intended to get Oakland to flip flop #1 and #2. But, I think we all need to concede that Rivers is a talent that won't get to #20.

I've been saying all along I think SD will be the team that gets RIVERS. Several signs led me to believe this. First of all Marty had a whole week with him at the Senior Bowl and came away THOROUGHLY impressed. I think he might consider him the #1 QB out there and the most ready to step in as a rookie.
Obviously #1 is too high to draft Rivers, so you trade down and aquire much needed extra picks. You also get to sign Rivers MUCH cheaper than Manning at #1. Not only that, SD fans don't have to worry about another TOP overall (#1-#2) picked QB failing and wrecking their team again. Now ALL they have to do is find the right suitor to make the deal.

As much as i would love for us to draft Rivers. I hope someone picks him before our pick, cus i wouldnt be able to bare it if we passed up on him at #20. :cry:

Originally posted by fins4o8
As much as i would love for us to draft Rivers. I hope someone picks him before our pick, cus i wouldnt be able to bare it if we passed up on him at #20. :cry:

I agree 100%. If Rivers is there at #20 and we don't take him, then we'll know how all the teams that passed on Marino in 1983 felt. Even with Feeley signed, I'd take Rivers in a heartbeat. Here you have a guy who could be your Franchise QB for at least 10-15 years. Instead of every 4 years bringing in another unproven QB, and hope he developes into a better than average QB. IMO if Rivers is there you can't pass on him.

now proceed to my thread on JP Losman please. athletic QB or no? i think his arm and attitude are fine. he is a pretty boy though. but i dont think the same as rob johnson surferdude.

Back
Top Bottom