Rizzi Special Teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rizzi Special Teams

CA Dolfan

Dolphin fan since '72
Club Member
Reaction score
What was up with Rizzi’s special teams. I could see an off game with one blocked punt but two??

NE saw something in the game planning and executed it. Two blocks by the same guy, the same way. Nobody’s perfect, not even John Denney. Like Fintastic said, it’s an anomaly and you take it in stride.

New England was tied with Miami in special teams estimated points per game going into this week. I wouldn't worry about this. It was one top special team unit against another and they got the best of us a couple of times. And I think Rizzi realized it. He wasn't nearly as furious as I think he would have been if it happened against a different team.

Patterson ran the ball out from 9 yards deep because he has confidence in not only himself but the New England special team unit in front of him.

Our magic against opposing kickers continues. Today that more than made up for the two thumped punts.

We complain about missed penalties but always take it for granted that teams can't make kicks against us to normal dependability. Gostkowski also missed a game clinching short field goal in that frantic late comeback attempt by the Dolphins in Foxboro a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom