Robert Baker... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Baker...

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
Seems like almost no one is mentioning his name.

This guy looked REALLY GOOD during the pre-season. I, for one, was very disappointed when he didn't make the final cut.

Anyway, how come no one seems to be saying anything about him.

And even if Chambers doesn't start (which I, somehow, can't help but thinking that he WILL... surprising and amazing EVERYONE), McKnight and Ward as the #1 and #2 with Robert Baker in the slot??? Doesn't that sound pretty damn good to anybody else but me???

Oh, and here's another wrinkle I hope we see Turner put into play... McMichael lining up as a WR. Oooooh, yeah! Seriously, now that Clark's in the game... why not?!? Put Clark in at TE and line -81- as a WICKED WR!!! 255 lbs of "fun"!!! ha-ha! I love it!

Oh.... and...

... by the way, the Bills can try and "stack" the line with "eight in the box" all they want because that's EXACTLY what the Patriots did and also what Denver did... and if I remember right... we won BOTH those games, right? :evil:

And the Bills defense ON THEIR VERY BEST DAY are nowhere near the caliber of defense that Denver, or even NE, are.

I was hoping he made the cut too. i think he was destine to make this team. Been with the fins i think 2 or 3 yrs with practice squad. Almost made the cut with a great preseason this year but was beat out by AJ. Aj gone for the season we sign Baker to the team. Now Chambers and Gadsen are injured Baker is now active. Been a long road for him but he made it and should see some action this weekend. I hope he does good. Im ready to yell out ROBERT BAKER THE TOUCHDOWN MAKER.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
Seems like almost no one is mentioning his name.

This guy looked REALLY GOOD during the pre-season. I, for one, was very disappointed when he didn't make the final cut.

Anyway, how come no one seems to be saying anything about him.

I was disappointed to when they cut Baker he looked great in preseason thought for sure he'd make the team. Glad he's back. I also can't stop thinking about O.G if he's out the rest of the season this will hurt our offense no matter how you look at it. Hope he's going to be ok.

I was much more disappointed when we lost AJ, but Baker is a better WR than AJ which is what we need now. Ward returning punts is no longer a comfortable thought now that he is the starter, but he is better than Baker at it

Originally posted by dolphan39
I was much more disappointed when we lost AJ, but Baker is a better WR than AJ which is what we need now. Ward returning punts is no longer a comfortable thought now that he is the starter, but he is better than Baker at it

I agree dolphan39, And right now Travis minor is doing a really good job at KR.

Ya its time to see if Baker is for real...I hope hes not another AJ and gets nervous out there.

LETS USE ROBERT BAKER!

I agree! since we resigned Robert Baker not once his name was mentioned.I seen him in preseason games and he did great. Hes still an awsome WR.I dont know why they didnt use him in the broncos game when we needed him? He WILL be most diffenatly be needed in this buffalo game while gasden is out for who knows when??????Anybody agree?

:monkey:BILL SUCK! :shark: :happydrin

Re: LETS USE ROBERT BAKER!

Originally posted by Dolfan0025
I agree! since we resigned Robert Baker not once his name was mentioned.I seen him in preseason games and he did great. Hes still an awsome WR.I dont know why they didnt use him in the broncos game when we needed him? He WILL be most diffenatly be needed in this buffalo game while gasden is out for who knows when??????Anybody agree?

:monkey:BILL SUCK! :shark: :happydrin
i sure do!:D

This is Bakers big break. If he doesn't get the job done now when he will see alot of playing time, then we know whether or not this kid is the real deal. He has a huge opotunity in front of him. He has to know it, lets hope he doesn't choke under the pressure and he comes through it and earns a roster spot for years to come.

We cut him in the preseason simply because of the numbers game. Before Training camp started we already had 4 of our WR's set in Gadsden, Chambers, McKnight, and Ward...we just needed a fifth. Baker lit it up as a WR, but we needed a punt returner, and Albert Johnson beat Baker out for the job.

You will see though, Robert Baker is a very good wideout.

Baker was Lucas' go-to guy in preseason. Lucas trusts him. I'm sure Baker will get several passes thrown his way over the next few weeks.

Originally posted by relive1972
Baker was Lucas' go-to guy in preseason. Lucas trusts him. I'm sure Baker will get several passes thrown his way over the next few weeks.
more than just a few!:D

Back
Top Bottom