Robert Smith knew of Ricky's plans A MONTH AGO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Smith knew of Ricky's plans A MONTH AGO

wonderl33t

Club Member
Reaction score
Just heard it on the Dan Patrick Show. Robert called in and Dan was interviewing him. Robert says Ricky told him a month ago that he would retire at the end of the season. WTF man.

FiN.in.RI said:
im glad he did it now instead of half-a$$ing the season.. uggh what a sneaky bastid

I actually don't think Ricky would have half@$$ed it this season. He is such a hard worker. And he runs harder and harder as the game goes on. I think he would have played just as hard

this isnt the end of the season. the season ended months ago...why couldnt he do this in Feb or March AHHHHHHHH!

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
this isnt the end of the season. the season ended months ago...why couldnt he do this in Feb or March AHHHHHHHH!

Apparently that was Ricky's original plan, to retire next Feb. or March, but he changed his mind and decided to do it now

wonderl33t said:
I actually don't think Ricky would have half@$$ed it this season. He is such a hard worker. And he runs harder and harder as the game goes on. I think he would have played just as hard

think about that comment for a second....

He just retired his job at the age of 27..that does not define a hard-worker, it defines a you know what, insert female genital word here ->_____

FiN.in.RI said:
think about that comment for a second....

He just retired his job at the age of 27..that does not define a hard-worker, it defines a you know what, insert female genital word here ->_____

Well think though at this point, we must realize that retirement has always been on his mind. Yet he was always a beast on the field. His bad YPC last year wasn't his fault. So I think he has been playing his hardest even though he has wanted to retire for a while now

No doubt what he did was a |3itch move, but I think he would have still played hard this season

Did Ricky see something with the new OL that led him to believe that he would have an overly punishing year, and hence decided to call it quits? It just seems awful suspect because at the beginning of the offseason I kept hearing how ready he was to be a leader, and to take his game to the next level. Could their have been a reason that made him fear this season a bit, or did he just stop taking his meds?

volk said:
Did Ricky see something with the new OL that led him to believe that he would have an overly punishing year, and hence decided to call it quits? It just seems awful suspect because at the beginning of the offseason I kept hearing how ready he was to be a leader, and to take his game to the next level. Could their have been a reason that made him fear this season a bit, or did he just stop taking his meds?
i guess its all assumption at this point. I want to see him interviewed.

Got news for you guys. The higher ups in the Dolphin organization have probably known about it for a while too. Waiting till just before training camp was the best way to keep season ticket sales from plummeting.

BuffRangePigpen said:
Got news for you guys. The higher ups in the Dolphin organization have probably known about it for a while too. Waiting till just before training camp was the best way to keep season ticket sales from plummeting.
not !

they have no reason to worry about Ricky retiring after 2004 now - they had enuf to worry about before this.

No way the front office knew of any of this prior to Ricky's recent conversation with Dave. They want to succeed as bad as we want them too, if they knew they would have active doing something.

BuffRangePigpen said:
Dont buy that. If the FO knew anything about this they would have gone after a premier RB to replace him and just claimed they were adding "depth". No way would Wanny and Spielman keep adding CBs if they knew Ricky was retireing...especially with their jobs depending on this season's outcome. At most, the FO new about this thurs or fri and kept it quiet so that Saturday's ticket sale event would be unaffected.

Back
Top Bottom