Rodgers possible at #7?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers possible at #7??

get a running back at 7,or mike w.then trade up just infront of K.C, and take rogers just to stick it to them,plus he's dam good.K.C gets no corner,they have to trade there 2nd rd pick.better yet trade pat to someone else,and kick K.C to the curb all together.i'am tired of there shi*.i know rogers will prob be gone ,but i like to dream.

Trading down at 2 to 7 is ok, but make a pick there. Just ask the Bears about trading down in the past,I'm sure they would have rather taken Culpepper over Cade McNown.

I favor one of the big 3 backs too. I think Cadillac or Benson might be there, especially if Cleveland and Tennessee draft defensive players. If they were on the board, I take one of them. I have a funny feeling that Cadillac may be available, especially if he gets by Tampa.
If they weren't then I think Rodgers is the next logical choice, I would think he'd be BPA over Mike Williams, Pac-Man, Rolle or Erasmus James or anyone else out there.
But think about how it might shake out like this?
SF- Rodgers
Minnesota (from Miami)- Edwards
Cleveland- Brown or a Defensive Player (some mocks say DJ)
Chicago- Benson
Tampa- Smith (I can't see Tampa taking Cadillac over Smith after all those trade talks)
Tennessee- Rolle
Miami (from Minnesota)- Cadillac

IF SF really does take Rodgers and Tennessee drafts defensively, I think we could still get one of the big 3 backs (probably not Brown though). Smith seems much more in demand than Rodgers at the moment, and I can't envision him slipping past #5.
We would have a choice of one of the RBs (I think probably Cadillac), or Mike Williams.

merlin00069 said:
Wow no one for Rodgers so far...interesting. Am i the only one that thinks that were stealing him at #7?

There's a few of you out there I'm sure....:roflmao:

this is waht i think of the minnie trade

I really think we need to focus on the real needs for this year, if he is there we should take Derrik Johnson OLB Texas with the 7th and take Mark Clayton with the 18th pick, They both could be potential starters and I think that Mark is probably the most polished WR that can make an impact this year and even a threat! also remember we will be getting a second round pick maybe two if we can dump Zognia, and if we really want a RB we can trade one of the 2 picks to Seattle for Shaun Alexander and use the other pick to get Charlie Frye of Akron or Jason Campbell of Auburn. With a year under their belt they could be a potential starter for us later these two quarterbacks are probably the best or even better, its just the publicity of the media that has hyped up the other two QB's (Smith and Rodgers). In the 3rd I would look at an inside linbacker like Lofa Tatupu of USC or Barrett Ruud of Nebraska, and if we could get a nother 3rd from Minnie here we really could get a really good safety. If this trade goes down, we really can be a contender with these potential rookies and that's how I feel

i agree he is a steal at 7, nonetheless I would love to be put in this situation. We would have all sorts of choices that would be good value at 7. Decisions, decisions

keep dreaming... if Rodgers slide... some other team will just trade up to get him...

miami mayham said:
I really think we need to focus on the real needs for this year, if he is there we should take Derrik Johnson OLB Texas with the 7th and take Mark Clayton with the 18th pick, They both could be potential starters and I think that Mark is probably the most polished WR that can make an impact this year and even a threat! also remember we will be getting a second round pick maybe two if we can dump Zognia, and if we really want a RB we can trade one of the 2 picks to Seattle for Shaun Alexander and use the other pick to get Charlie Frye of Akron or Jason Campbell of Auburn. With a year under their belt they could be a potential starter for us later these two quarterbacks are probably the best or even better, its just the publicity of the media that has hyped up the other two QB's (Smith and Rodgers). In the 3rd I would look at an inside linbacker like Lofa Tatupu of USC or Barrett Ruud of Nebraska, and if we could get a nother 3rd from Minnie here we really could get a really good safety. If this trade goes down, we really can be a contender with these potential rookies and that's how I feel

you are right on my friend..... i just hope Vikes make this trade... if we can still get DJ at #7... and address either WR or RB with the 18 pick..... wow

merlin00069 said:
Wow no one for Rodgers so far...interesting. Am i the only one that thinks that were stealing him at #7?

Can't imagine he'd slip that far, but yeah, we couldn't pass that up, IMO. Potential franchise qb, less money than paying at #2, and still a pick at 18 where you can get a solid rb? Where do I sign?

But I think Cleveland would take him at #3.

we need to stay away from this qb class all together! next year we be stronger for qb's! while backs and recievers are plentiful this year...saban realizes theis and i would expect to him try and stockpile picks to move up next year and find his qb then.

Back
Top Bottom