Rodgers to the 9ers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers to the 9ers?

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
There are reports that Aaron Rodgers has agreed to parameters on a deal with the 49ers.

This leaves Alex Smith for the Dolphins. I believe Smith may be the only player that Nick Saban will take over Ronnie Brown.

:woot: Alex Smith, here we come!

Btw... the 9'ers are a joke if they let contract parameters affect their pick. I'm not gonna complain though.

3P ... the new 'puter is TIGHT! :up:

KB ... you don't happen to have a linky link, do you?

This would open up a WORLD of good things for the Dolphins.

They would have much more interest from trading partners. And even if they don't trade, they could pick mah boy Alex! :wink: :woot:

phinphanphrommi said:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl/

Posted at 10:53... scroll down a little.

And thanks for the compliment... I love my computer!:)

An even more potentially significant development appears earlier on the page:

Redskins | Auburn's Rogers the Target at No. 9? - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:25:02 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports three league sources that have been in regular contact with the Washington Redskins indicate the front-runner for the club's No. 9 overall draft choice is Auburn CB Carlos Rogers.

That would really put the pinch on KC to get the Surtain deal done.

KB21 said:
There are reports that Aaron Rodgers has agreed to parameters on a deal with the 49ers.

This leaves Alex Smith for the Dolphins. I believe Smith may be the only player that Nick Saban will take over Ronnie Brown.

I also read that the 9ers are still using the Rogers deal as a means to get Smith's agent to come down on his price. They really seem to like Smith, but are willing to settle for Rogers if they have too...

Yeah thats pretty much what it looks like to me. They have agreed to a deal with Rodgers because Rodgers agent is going easy on them, he knows that if San Fran doesn't take him he could easily fall out of the top 5. When you begin negotiations, you must prepare for the eventuality that a deal is struck, so nobody should take it as a sure sign that the 49ers will select Rodgers just because they have an agreed upon deal on the table.

ckparrothead said:
Yeah thats pretty much what it looks like to me. They have agreed to a deal with Rodgers because Rodgers agent is going easy on them, he knows that if San Fran doesn't take him he could easily fall out of the top 5. When you begin negotiations, you must prepare for the eventuality that a deal is struck, so nobody should take it as a sure sign that the 49ers will select Rodgers just because they have an agreed upon deal on the table.

Check your cell messages.

LOL. Hey Dennis, better PM me because my cell is all out of juice and my home charger doesn't work, so I wont be able to charge the thing until I get in my car sometime and that takes forever charging in the car.

Boomer said:
Get a room.

:lol:

I'm wondering how much of the news release about the Rodgers contract has more to do with more positioning than reality. I seriously doubt that SF will have signed contracts before the draft because it would lock them out of a trade down, which I believe they most want.

I said a while back that I believe SF will take the least expensive of the two QBs if they are not able to trade down. At this point though, I believe that a SF trade is highly unlikely for reasons pointed out many times here. I also am going out on a limb and guessing that we will also not be able to work a trade before the draft, and I'm not convinced that it will happen during the draft. The most likely trade partner for the first trade down, IMO, will be Cleveland.

ckparrothead said:

Smith's agent is well known to be a tough negotiator. He is LT's agent, and held him out. He seems to be holding fast with Smith, maybe too fast because the difference between the signing bonus of the #1 pick and the #2 pick is probably much more than the difference between him, and the 9er's. He stands to lose his client quite a few dollars. Maybe it's a pride thing.

Smith will be a 49er. (He better be or I'm going to look a **** on the main forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom