Rohan Davey in the 4th | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rohan Davey in the 4th

If Dave takes Rohan with our fourth round pick, he's going to have to get rid of McNown; If he doesn't, he's going to have to cut Davey, and if he cuts our fourth round pick, many, many, many people are going to criticize the choice to pick Rohan in the fourth round.

It's too much of a risk to take Davey in the fourth because we really don't know if he is better than McNown. And Davey doesn't sound like a real reliable guy, too (weight problems, relies on his arm strength, etc.)

I don't see it happening because it will be TOO controversial.

Ok, anyone who thinks we should take Rohan Davey is a 100% total moron. Jay Fiedler is 10 times better than this guy is now, and 10 times better than this guy ever will be. He is an overweight, lazy, slow, QB with a strong arm who knows nothing about the game. The only QB that can go a long way without knowing anything is Vick because of his running ability. This guy has no running ability. Hell, half the offensive line is probably faster than him. All of this, and I also forgot to mention that he is always hurt and the fact that we have 3 QB's on the roster now, all of whom could start for Cincy. I think it is a reach for Davey to start for Cincy. Davey probably wouldn't even make the team, let alone play. Lucas is a solid backup, argueably one of the best backup QB's in the NFL. And Cade is no doubt the best third-string QB in the NFL. We just signed Fiedler to a long term deal so why the hell would we take a QB with our second pick? Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that Davey isn't even the top QB that I think is left in this draft. Why don't we go out and get a real football player. A guy that will make the team and get some playing time. A guy that knows something about the game. A guy like Eric Heitmann, Alex Brown, or Martin Bibla.

Ok, I'm tired of trying to prove my point. I'm done.

Get A life Breck!

To come down that hard on raw talent like ROHAN DAVEY proves you know nothing about the game!When this guy develops he will be head and shoulders above Jay Feidler!!The only MORON is you! Appearantly you didn't see the SUGAR BOWL! This guy has more than enough of your so called awareness and instincts and talent, he has the athletic ability to take over a game!Then you say he knows nothing about the game?????????? This kid has always put his team and his teammates first and has always played on a high level! Have you ever even set foot on a football field?Appearantly not or you wouldn't made such assinine staements! This kid exemplifies everything good in football!!! He's coachable and a team player from the get go and I will not let someone who never played the game rip him!! ROHAN DAVEY is the real deal! I am not saying the Dolphins should take him but I can't stand when ignorance takes over on a player!Especially someone who JUST doesn't know and who is clueless!ROHAN knows nothing about the game?? I think he knows just a little bit more than you there SKIPPY! He was there done that! What did you do Breck? This kid is a stud and I am glad I had the chance to coach him! GO ROHAN DAVEY!!

Play nice guys. I agree with breck, to an extent, that Davey is not a starting QB material. He could eventually challenge someone for a #2 spot but I don't see much more than that in the future for him. On that note, however, calling everyone who has an opposing opinion a "100% total moron" is a bit harsh.

I really hope Dave & Co. don't draft Davey, or any QB for that matter; it would be a waste. If there's any position on the 'Fins that is genuinely deep it is the QB position. :p

WHAT?!?!

Originally posted by RHoffman
...but this team seems to settle for mediocrity instead of aspiring to greatness.

.....Take a chance.

That's why we traded for Ricky Williams, traded for Greenwood, offered Kruetz the biggest contract for a center in history, etc. etc.

Kindly remove your head from your pessimistic ass.

Take a chance. Right. And if Rohan Davey was our starter someday, all you "take a chance" "fans" would be shooting him down immediately after his first pick in the league calling for someone new at QB.

Re: There would be no controversy

Originally posted by RHoffman
Rohan needs time to develop...but this team seems to settle for mediocrity instead of aspiring to greatness. Davey has a shot at greatness down the road.

Take a chance.

Rohan Davey looked pretty mediocre at LSU to me!!!!

This team does not need a project QB at this time. They need to fill some back-up roles with what few picks they have.

Next years Qb class is going to be a good one, and if Cade McKlown does not improve, then get one.....

If we are going to develop any QB it should be a man on our roster already, he name is Cade McNown, we practically got him for nothing and so far he has had the perfect attitude for the position he is in. If he doesn't develop, then we select a QB next year or the year after, but not now we we don't have the picks to waste and take chances on.

Re: Get A life Breck!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
To come down that hard on raw talent like ROHAN DAVEY proves you know nothing about the game!When this guy develops he will be head and shoulders above Jay Feidler!!The only MORON is you! Appearantly you didn't see the SUGAR BOWL! This guy has more than enough of your so called awareness and instincts and talent, he has the athletic ability to take over a game!Then you say he knows nothing about the game?????????? This kid has always put his team and his teammates first and has always played on a high level! Have you ever even set foot on a football field?Appearantly not or you wouldn't made such assinine staements! This kid exemplifies everything good in football!!! He's coachable and a team player from the get go and I will not let someone who never played the game rip him!! ROHAN DAVEY is the real deal! I am not saying the Dolphins should take him but I can't stand when ignorance takes over on a player!Especially someone who JUST doesn't know and who is clueless!ROHAN knows nothing about the game?? I think he knows just a little bit more than you there SKIPPY! He was there done that! What did you do Breck? This kid is a stud and I am glad I had the chance to coach him! GO ROHAN DAVEY!!

First of all the name calling automatically makes you very easy to dismiss. Next time lay off the name calling and people might be able to take you seriously.

2nd of all every profile out there disagrees with you. He's physically gifted for sure...but that's all he has and physical prowess does not get you anywhere in this league if you got nothing else to back it up. This guy is a long term project just to be a backup in this league.

lmao. I come back to the board for one day and see breck is pulling his same crap just like the old Yahoo days. BRECK, you still on Jays *@*@? I think it is time to get off it!

As I am not a "local" on this board and I don't have much say. But if I was the moderator I would boot your ignorant a$$ right out the door. You are the only moron here.

-00agent

There's one comment in phinmasters' statement that explains everything,
This kid is a stud and I am glad I had the chance to coach him!

This is how I want the rest of the draft to go:
4th: Alex Brown
5th: Ramon Walker (I am dreaming now)
5th: Joaquin Gonzalez
7th: Major Applewhite

Alright, maybe the guy isn't a moron but if we picked him, I would not pay as much attention to the Phins this year as I did last year. This is ridiculous. We have 3 QB's, all of which have had starting NFL experience before. 2 of them, Ray Lucas and Cade McNown, are young and getting better. Cade McNown is our QB "project" so why do we need another one? I have to agree with iceblizzard. If we take a QB in this draft, it better be in the 7th round. There are SO MANY MORE NEEDS ON THIS TEAM THAN QB! If our QB situation was a problem, we wouldn't have re-signed Fiedler. We would have just showed him the door.

As for John, why the hell do I deserve my ass being kicked off the board? Because I support my QB? I am glad I left that Yahoo board becuase most of the people here actually make sense when they speak. Even if they do or don't like Jay Fiedler. Where as people like Donald and you, make absolutely no sense in some of the arguements you make.

Bottom Line: Unless Joey Harrington or Carr was still on the board, it would be one of the dumbest decisions in the history of this football team to draft a QB before the 6th round (which we don't have a pick in). Our O-Line is so bad and thin and we don't have any depth at LB or D-Lineman. And we don't even have a TE that could start on some college teams. Unless there is an absolute stud at another position (like if Keyuo Craver is left in the 5th) then we need to pick guys that will make contributions to this team in the near future. This is not a team that will stay together for 5 years. If we want to win a Super Bowl with these guys, it has to be in the next couple years or else we won't be able to keep everyone because of cap reasons, etc. Seth McKinney is a guy that can contribute now and that is what we need.

I will say one good thing about Rohan. Since I do feel somewhat guilty. Most QB's that start are not picked in round 1, most of the round 1's turn out to be busts. With that said, any QB picked today could turn out to be solid down the road as history proves.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
I will say one good thing about Rohan. Since I do feel somewhat guilty. Most QB's that start are not picked in round 1, most of the round 1's turn out to be busts. With that said, any QB picked today could turn out to be solid down the road as history proves.

Yup but how many of them showed up highly overweight at the most crucial time of their lives? Kid comes off with a strong arm....but the mental side is missing completely and we already have a Cade :lol:

Back
Top Bottom