role playing: GM (pretty long) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

role playing: GM (pretty long)

Fisticuff

hm mmm, peanut butter and crack sandwich
Reaction score
basically what are your moves this off season? mine are as followed. i tried to make mine as indpeth as i could, you don't have to.

Resign:
- RB, Travis Minor
- RB, Leonard Henry
- G, Jamie Nails
- T, Greg Jerman
- DT, Dario Romeo
- LB, Tommie Hendricks
- CB, T-Buck
- CB, Jimmy Wyrick
- P, Matt Turk
(about 4 million total towards contracts).
Pimp ("tender" is what steaks should be ;)) Ogun for 1st (3rd is asking to much. we'll never get a top 20 if Miami wants a 3rd).

Cuts before June 1st:
- QB, Brian Griese: 6.97 million (DW=.500 thousand)
- WR, James McKnight: 2.16 million (DW=.720 thousand)
- C, Tim Ruddy: 3.0 million (DW=.800)
- S, Brock Marion: 2.65 million (DW=1.65 mill)

savings: 11.1 million (Dead Weight: 3.6 million included). Salary Cap: -1.8 million.

Restructured Contracts:
QB, Jay Fiedler: 7.2 million- 5.0 million= 2.2 million
WR, Derrius Tompson: 1.45 million- .700= .750 thousand
DE, Jason Taylor: 7.9 million- 1.5 million= 6.4 million
DE, David Bowens: 1.7 million- .700 thousand= 1.0 million
DT, Tim Bowens: 4.6 million- 2.3 million= 2.3 million
LB, Jr. Seau: 3.3 million- 1.5 million= 1.8 million
CB, Sam Madison: 8.2 million- 4.1 million= 4.1 million.
K, Olindo Mare: 2.5 million- 1.0 million= 1.5 million

savings: 16.8 million. Salary cap: 15.0 million.

Cuts after June 1st:
T, Mark Dixon: .933 thousand (DW=.233 thousand)
CB, Jamar Fletcher: 1.4 million (DW=.550 thousand)

Savings: 1.5 million (DW: .780 thousand included).

16.4 (1.4 coming after June 1st) million - (about) 4.5 million (resigning)= 11.9 million.

FA signings (big signings):
(the salary #s are more then they make currently and a guess)
T, John Tait: 4.5 mill Cap= 7.4 mill.
QB, Mark Bulger: 1.5 mill. Cap= 5.9 mill.

Draft:
1st Round (14, bears i think will want him, need pass rusher)- WR, Reggie Williams, Washington
1st Round (20)- G, Vernon Carey, Miami
3rd Round (Rams, Bulger)
4th Round (84)- S, Will Allen, the Ohio State
5th Round (Chargers, Seau)
6th Round (175)- DE, Uyi Osunde, Uconn (woot)
7th Round (206)- FB, Doug Easlick , Virgina Tech

QB: Mark Bulger, Jay Fiedler, Clint Stonier (SP?)
FB: Rob Konrad, Doug Easlick
RB: Ricky Williams, Travis Minor
WR: Chris Chambers, Reggie Williams, J.R. Tolver, Derrius Tompson
LT: Wade Smith, Brad Bedell
LG: Jamie Nails, Vernon Carey
C: Seth McKinney
RG: Todd Perry, Vernon Carey/Taylor Whitley
RT: John Tait, Greg Jerman

RDE: Jason Taylor, Uyi Osunde
LDE: David Bowens, Jay Williams
RDT: Chester, Dario Romero
LDT: Timbo, Jeff Zgonina
LOLB: Eddie Moore, Brendon Ayanbadejo
MLB: Zack Thomas, Tommy Hendricks
ROLB: Jr. Seau, Corey Jenkins
SS: Sammy Knight, ?
FS: Will Allen, ?
RCB: Sam Madison, T-Buck
LCB: Pat Surtain, Jimmy Wyrick

these are my moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see Vernon Carey not beating out Nails and Perry.

I wish I could see Lenard Henry play he played for the East Carolina Pirates which is about 45 to 1 hour from my house he was pretty good what ever happened to him why dont they play him what is he the waterboy.

Originally posted by Jaj
I can't see Vernon Carey not beating out Nails and Perry.

no, either can i. he's a rookie. he'll backup them up for now. he can also do T, so if anyone gets hurt he is johnny on the spot.

Fairly detailed there. What about Sage?

i don't see sage being resigned. miami already signed Stoiner, and i after the QB injuries they know they need someone proven. i wouldn't feel to comfortable with sage at QB if (my pick) bulger gets hurt. Jay can spark an offense comming off the bench. i think he's the best backup in the league (if he stays).

IMO the reality is Jay or Griese will backup someone.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
IMO the reality is Jay or Griese will backup someone.

Hear hear.

lol and even more reality is jay will be kept, because it's easier to cut griese. no matter when he's (BG) cut miami owes 500,000 thou. and fiedler would need to be cut after june 1st, and we need one of their 7 mill deals to be cut ASAP to lower the cap.

If we trade for Bulger, there's no way we'd pay $2.2 million for Jay Fiedler, much less keep him. Bulger would come in the unquestioned starter. And Jay wants to be able to compete at the very least. I also see Sage coming back.

Also, Vernon Carey would absolutely start immediately on this line. Rookies can start on the OL. Happens all the time. Especially interior lineman. While you would rather have Jamie Nails move to RG, you can't have Carey and Wade Smith on the same side of the line. Either way, Todd Perry just doesn't move the pile. Carey or Nails is an upgrade.

I think Greenwood re-signs too. He did a good job. And he's a roleplayer.

I give you props for putting that post together. It's real early, but it's still fun.

Originally posted by Muck
If we trade for Bulger, there's no way we'd pay $2.2 million for Jay Fiedler, much less keep him. Bulger would come in the unquestioned starter. And Jay wants to be able to compete at the very least. I also see Sage coming back.

Also, Vernon Carey would absolutely start immediately on this line. Rookies can start on the OL. Happens all the time. Especially interior lineman. While you would rather have Jamie Nails move to RG, you can't have Carey and Wade Smith on the same side of the line. Either way, Todd Perry just doesn't move the pile. Carey or Nails is an upgrade.

I think Greenwood re-signs too. He did a good job. And he's a roleplayer.

I give you props for putting that post together. It's real early, but it's still fun.

Jay Fiedler 2.2 mill- i can see Miami giving that much to him. or else i don't see him lowering his deal. what can they do? release him? his cap hit is to big for a before June 1st cut date. Miami needs to lose either Jay's or Brian's 7 million dollar deals to dump money into the cap. and since Griese contract hit is only 500,000 that makes him the obvious choice. 2.2 mill might be a bit much. i can see that being lower. i don't believe he sees many chances to start in the NFL and his comment about starting elsewhere was to put pressure on the fish. if he doesn't want to stay i could see dumping both him and Griese (although i would want to keep one of them, and griese is the odd man out), and signing Feely. IMO sage isn't good enough to be the backup. i wouldn't trust him as the starter. why was Clint stoiner signed anyway? I'd keep sage as a #3 i guess.

Bulger comes in as unquestioned starter- i disagree. why would that have to be? he struggled this year and that leaves doubt. although i believe it's martz system (ever since DV left, he has sucked at play calling... real bad). i think theres plenty of room for open competition. i believe MB would be the starter, but more reasons for jay to play great.

Vernon Carey- i don't believe he can start. he does have flaws. if Perry doesn't get better (IMO his bad play was because of his mom. how do you study all the time, and get excited when something so huge happens) then yeah, VC can start. right now IMO he's the backup for every position except C.

Greenwood- i dunno. i really thought about it. BUT i don't believe he has improved enough. i never see him making big plays. i see him gang tackle though. and seau isn't a big play maker either. i think Moore's speed helps. also in my 2nd draft (this post was my 3rd) i was going for Ian gold. his injury made me question (same thing with Damien Woody who i wanted real bad). i actually want to add him again. i could find a way to lose money.

also i have a question. Ed Perry is the long snapper right? he got this year correct (i honestly don't remember where he went)? he should be re-signed and Garu should be released.

How can a player be restricted two years in a row? I thought Bulger was restricted last year. Or was that exclusive rights?

To the original post...

That is an awful lot of wishful thinking with all of those players agreeing to salary cuts.

Originally posted by ZOD
How can a player be restricted two years in a row? I thought Bulger was restricted last year. Or was that exclusive rights?

To the original post...

That is an awful lot of wishful thinking with all of those players agreeing to salary cuts.

thats what i was thinking. easier said than done. i ALSO do not think we would draft a wr that early. i think we will be drafting a QB people. I dont understand how anyone could think Jay would still be a part of this team with Dan the man around. I think Dan ad Rick will be looking very very intently on a QB for the future. Signing Clint Stoerner shows the sign to me. Its insurance cus they are going to dump both Jay/Griese.

Back
Top Bottom