Roll Dolphins? Miami making use of its Crimson Tide connections | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roll Dolphins? Miami making use of its Crimson Tide connections

Between the Senior Bowl week(interesting that Smith and Harris attended with no chance of playing), and conversations with Tua and Saban, I’m confident the Dolphins will have a good read on the Alabama prospects.
Many here dislike these players only because they went to Alabama but there are good reasons to choose them. Alabama gets some of the most talented recruits in America, they provide top coaching and the connection to Tua looms large with those offensive players.

We’ve had great success drafting players from Bama over the years, and have zero problems going to that well repeatedly this draft either. As has been already addressed, top tier talent combined with top tier coaching, is a great combo and a no brainer.

Nice read but nothing shattering. I mean Bama has some of the top players coming out every single year so you'd have to be dumb not to talk to Saban or not to look at those players. I totally expect us to draft at least one player from Alabama this year and as many as 3.

We’ve had great success drafting players from Bama over the years, and have zero problems going to that well repeatedly this draft either. As has been already addressed, top tier talent combined with top tier coaching, is a great combo and a no brainer.
How far are you going back because Minkah and Drake would debate you on that.

As much as some hate Saban, myself included, you cannot deny his coaching ability and insight he could have provided Flores and Grier.
People still holding that grudge after all this time is stupid. Saban is a person just like the rest of us. He made the right decision for him and his family.

People still holding that grudge after all this time is stupid. Saban is a person just like the rest of us. He made the right decision for him and his family.
He did it in such a slimy way though. I don't have an issue with him making the decision to leave for Bama, just with the way he handled himself while doing so.

He did it in such a slimy way though. I don't have an issue with him making the decision to leave for Bama, just with the way he handled himself while doing so.
well, he lied that he wasn't leaving which got everybody mad but would it have been better if he had said he was leaving at the end of the year? he tried to keep the focus away from him. I get people being upset at the time but get over it already. It was a long time ago and for people to not want to draft his players, you've gotta be kidding me.

Hey they are talented guys still playing in the NFL well, sure they did not fit with coach Flo but that has nothing to do with their talent. Our 2 picks last year have not disappointed so far.

Saban has built a recruiting, championship contending regime and 'system' in college football. That can't be denied. However, not all of his players translate as good pros. Systems are different and Saban isn't coaching them in the NFL. (That could be an issue for some of them not living up to their draft status)

Saban has sent over 50 players to the NFL and More of the Alabama 'busts' have been on the defensive side of the ball. But they have more players in the NFL if I'm not mistaken and every college will have misses. If there is a good playmaker recommended by Saban though...I'm in. (And I can still not like how he did the Dolphins but eh...).

Them being good and proven NFL players pretty much squashes that debate from the get go. Even more, they both wound up being GREAT value at where they were picked...regardless who they currently play for.

However, I can go back a number of years, late 70’s-early 80’s when we had a run of drafting many Bama boys and coincidentally had a great run and successful teams. ‘77 Bob Baumhower 2nd Rd,‘79 Tony Nathan 3rd Rd, 80 Don McNeal 1st Rd and Dwight Stephenson 2nd Rd. All very good starters and key players in our early 80’s run of success. Dwight of course being the GOAT @ the C position.

Saban has built a recruiting, championship contending regime and 'system' in college football. That can't be denied. However, not all of his players translate as good pros. Systems are different and Saban isn't coaching them in the NFL. (That could be an issue for some of them not living up to their draft status)

Saban has sent over 50 players to the NFL and More of the Alabama 'busts' have been on the defensive side of the ball. But they have more players in the NFL if I'm not mistaken and every college will have misses. If there is a good playmaker recommended by Saban though...I'm in. (And I can still not like how he did the Dolphins but eh...).

Back
Top Bottom