Ron Wolf Likes Feeley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ron Wolf Likes Feeley

ajdoggie

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
He really impressed me," said former Green Bay general manager Ron Wolf. "He was a heckuva lot better and had more composure than I thought he would have. Those were pressure-point games. Everybody had written that team off. But he delivered. The kid did not do anything to prevent the Eagles from winning those games. And that's all you can ask from somebody put in that situation.

"Now, does he have all the intangibles you're looking for in a [starting] quarterback? I'm retired now and can't answer that. Does he have the leadership? I don't know. But if I were a team that needed a quarterback, you can bet I'd study the hell out of him.

Here's the whole article from April, 2003.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/5694734.htm

Yeah, ringing indorsement... He said he didn't have a clue about him, except he handled some pressure (is their pressure on a 3rd string QB).

There is when he all of a sudden becomes the starter, and the season rests on his shoulders and in case you were asleep during his reign as starter they did happen to go 4-1 and then on to the NFC championship game.

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Yeah, ringing indorsement... He said he didn't have a clue about him, except he handled some pressure (is their pressure on a 3rd string QB).

Fisticuff, you are incredible man. uhhhhhhhhh yes, it is alot of pressure when your a rookie QB third stringer and your two front guys go down with injury and suddenly you have to win games and you deliver. that is the ultimate pressure.

Originally posted by finfan54

Fisticuff, you are incredible man. uhhhhhhhhh yes, it is alot of pressure when your a rookie QB third stringer and your two front guys go down with injury and suddenly you have to win games and you deliver. that is the ultimate pressure.

Come on finfan54! He a 3rd! There sure not gonna blame him!Look at Saga would you blame him!!

I am amazed that people have made ultimate decisions on how Feeley is going to do under center. I for one like the deal simply because it is time for a change at quarterback. Fielder was given four years, we know what he is capable of. This guy, yes is unproven. We can all agree to that. He has limited experience; atleast it was a positive experience. Maybe he will develop into a fine quarterback. I think it is worth a shot. Any young quarterback, be it Ramsey, Henson, or Rivers would be in the same boat.

Since when is a conditional 2nd round pick such a steep price. The recent number ones that the Dolphins have used have sometimes flopped. I think we would all part with Jamar Fletcher for Feeley. Heck throw in John Avery with him. What I am trying to point out is that draft picks are not sure things. Freeley is worth the pick. If he flops what have the Dolphins lost really. Look at all the 1st round quarterbacks who have failed, I say give Freeley a shot and see what happens.

Originally posted by afiorentino
I am amazed that people have made ultimate decisions on how Feeley is going to do under center. I for one like the deal simply because it is time for a change at quarterback. Fielder was given four years, we know what he is capable of. This guy, yes is unproven. We can all agree to that. He has limited experience; atleast it was a positive experience. Maybe he will develop into a fine quarterback. I think it is worth a shot. Any young quarterback, be it Ramsey, Henson, or Rivers would be in the same boat.

Since when is a conditional 2nd round pick such a steep price. The recent number ones that the Dolphins have used have sometimes flopped. I think we would all part with Jamar Fletcher for Feeley. Heck throw in John Avery with him. What I am trying to point out is that draft picks are not sure things. Freeley is worth the pick. If he flops what have the Dolphins lost really. Look at all the 1st round quarterbacks who have failed, I say give Freeley a shot and see what happens.

Well said!!!!

Good post. :up: :welcome: aboard.

BTW - are you a Kiss fan?? You mentioned the name "Freeley" a few times. ;)

Give someone a chance? Sure.

Give a pass to our FO for, for whatever reason failing to get someone whom they obviously thought was much better to begin with? Not a chance.

What you forgot to mention is that now Ron Wolf is a consultant for the Browns...A team that certainly needs a QB...
'But if I were a team that needed a quarterback, you can bet I'd study the hell out of him.'
What does this tell you ? That he probably looked at Feeley but was far more impressed with the other available QB's Ramsey, Henson and Rivers...
I can give Feeley a chance but i don't see how anybody can dispute the fact that there are more talented QB's out there...

Um, no.

Cleveland is not even in the Henson sweepstakes at the moment, and Patrick Ramsey is not available. Miami tried to get a trade done for Ramsey, but Washington simply refuses to deal him.

Cleveland is not actively shopping for a QB.

As for the idea that there are more talented QBs available than Feeley, that may be true. Those QBs are also more talented than Tom Brady and Jake Delhomme as well. They are more talented than Matt Hasselbeck. They are more talented than Marc Bulger. They aren't better QBs though.

All you guys see in Drew Henson is a name. He's talented, yes, but he could never beat Tom Brady out for the job at Michigan. He's got only 8 career starts at the college level under his belt and hasn't played organized football in 3 years. It would be incredibly stupid of Miami to give up a high draft pick and a big contract for a guy who carries such a high bust potential, especially when they don't have the luxury of having an established QB that he can play behind for 2-3 years. Henson is years away from contributing, if he contributes at all. Something tells me that his heart isn't in football, or else he would have chosen football back in 2001 instead of baseball.

Patrick Ramsey was an option that Dolphins tried to get, but the Redskins will not trade him.

So, now you are left with broken down players like Kurt Warner or Jeff Garcia, or you can get a good young quarterback who has played very well when given the opportunity in AJ Feeley.

Originally posted by Muck

Good post. :up: :welcome: aboard.

BTW - are you a Kiss fan?? You mentioned the name "Freeley" a few times. ;)

That's Ace FREHLEY. :D Not FREELEY

If he flops what have the Dolphins lost really. Look at all the 1st round quarterbacks who have failed, I say give Freeley a shot and see what happens.

I agree with most of your post, till I got to this point. The argument can be made that the deal is all but done and we need to look forward now, I understand that. But if he flops we have lost more than a conditional second round pick, if he flops we have lost another season and we're back to the drawing board. This team, and our current roster cannot afford the luxury of a grab-bag quarterback flop. We need to win, and we need to win now.

Personally, I'm trying to be positive about this. This kid shows great potential and I believe the upside is there. A change in Quarterback is something this team needs. The argument that we should have went with Rivers or Henson is nothing short of weak. This kid has NFL experience and has tremendous potential - let's just go with that. ;)

By the way, I went to the Eagles board and most are upset to see him go, a few even believing that he is a better option that McNabb. :rolleyes: Take that for what it's worth.

And Muck, I couldn't find the clips of Feely anywhere on that message board :( .....I'm registered now, could you hook me up with a direct link???

This interview with Wolf was done last April, 2003. Before Wolf was even hired by the Browns and considered by the Fins as a consultant. He's just stating his unbiased opinion on Feeley.

Back
Top Bottom